Monday, September 10, 2012

Blink!

Did you blink and summer was over? Yeah, me too. Our life has been crazy chaotic the last two months. Things are slowly beginning to slow down and our new normal is becoming more familiar every day.
 
But before I get into all that let me catch you up on our summer...well parts of it. I had a TON of pictures on my iPhone, that was of course stolen, and of course I hadn't backed it up in months...so I lost all those pictures. So...whatever is on the old Canon (and Facebook) is what you get.
 
In July we went to the Mountains for 10 days...camping for ten days. In campers. With a LOT of people. Tons of good eatin'. Rain. Like, a lot of rain. Probably about 3/4 of our trip was filled with rain. Yeap, sure does put a damper on your vacation but we made the best of it.

 Sweet nephew, Isaac
 Danielle and Olivia!
 Poppy Joe & Gigi
 Sav & Caedmon sporting the MacLaren plaid
"Kilts for Kidder" in honor of Matt's mom who is battling cancer
 Caedmon participated in one of the races 

 We were going to do the relay, but Tug O' War took precedence
 Kicking butt at Tug O' War for a second year in a row.

Knuckles
I think her parents need to enroll her in Scottish Dancing!
 
So that was The Highland Games 2012 recap. On the way up the mountain my dear, sweet Durango didn't quite make it. We had her "fixed" (well, enough to make it back home) but she never did run the same again.   
 
After a few weeks of having a very non-reliable car and three different mechanics not being able to tell us exactly what was wrong with her, I decided it was time to just get out. We're now the owners of a Dodge Journey...it's nice, smaller, but it's pretty on the inside! I do miss good old Mary Kate McLovin'. *sigh*
The 1,000 mile mark
 
 
Caedmon started the First Grade. He's doing well. He's had a little hiccup with reading (or so his teacher says) so he goes to "Reading Club" four days a week. Honestly, while I appreciate the proactive approach his teacher has taken, I don't think he's behind when it comes to reading. He reads. He reads well. He reads everything. All the time.
 
 
Last week Savannah started her last year of Preschool. She'll be going five mornings a week. Her class....get this 8 girls, 1 boy. That poor boy!! So far the girls have played nice! ;) We will see how long that last?!?!?!
 


 People say she looks like me. I don't see it, except when she makes this face...

 
I have more updates to come but I'm waiting for one last piece to fall into place...or so I hope...before I post. I'm also hoping I won't be such a stranger this fall!
 
Wait, Sav turns five in 10 days. I can.not.believe.it.


No comments: