Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10 on Tuesday

You would think after not posting for two weeks I'd have a lot to say...we'll see. I'm thinking two weeks is a long time to remember the antics of a 5 and 4 year old. I need to write this stuff down.

1. I might have heard Savannah say to me "when I am talking, you need to listen" tonight. She might have heard that a time or two around the house.

2. We had our first parent/teacher conferences yesterday. Caedmon is doing great; he's a "delight." He has completed Level 2 reading (I have no idea the scale, they start at Level A). He's beginning to write sentences which are the cutest things ever!! Holiday spelled Haliday. Halloween spelled Halowen. Favorite spelled favrit. He has no problem with math; he can count as high as you tell him to go. He's adding and subtracting. He is friendly and talks to everyone. He even gives his teacher his famous thumbs up when something clicks for him.

3. Do you Boo other homes in your neighborhood? My kids are spectacular boo'ers. They have their plan in place before they walk up the driveway. Caedmon drops the candy off and Sav rings the door bell and then they run like crazy to find a hiding place and watch as our neighbors open the doors and retrive their Boo bag!

4. Did I mention it's been crazy busy for us? Beginning last weekend through the 2nd weekend in November, we're out of town. This means fitting all those normal weekend errands and chores in during the week, which means a lot less time doing the things I really want to do - which would be drinking wine and watching my DVR'ed shows.

5. I have to say there is something a little empowering traveling with just the kids. Last weekend I took the kids and we drove 3 hours west for a weekend of camping (don't worry we camped with my parents). We didn't get lost, we hit up Cracker Barrel for dinner, no one cried. It felt good to take a little trip with them and call it a success. But honestly it was the kids...they were great travelers.

6. I did sign up for the half marathon next month. I was out of my mind thinking I could train for this thing. Somehow I've managed to get a long run in each week; last week was 9 miles. This week I'll probably do 10 and then Matt and I are running a 10k Saturday morning. Unfortunately anything over about 8 miles causes me to feel super naseous, crampy, etc. I think it has to do with the salt imbalance so I get to figure out how to curve that before the half. I'd hate to be a big party pooper when we're hosting 3 families that weekend.

7. I think we're creating a Meathead. Caedmon tells me all the time about how he needs to do his work outs...oh you know push ups, squats...weights. {oh my!}

8. I switched Sav's dance class from Saturday mornings to Thursday nights. She does 110% better on Thursday nights. I don't know if it's the teacher, or she's more awake or what, but watching her...she's like a totally different kid in there. She's actually learning and trying.

9. We haven't turned the heat on yet. You know 45 degree mornings followed by 75 degree afternoons makes you think twice before turning on the heat. I think that will have to change this weekend. The high is supposed to be in the low 50s Friday.

10.  I hate when you go to the doctor and they ask if you are stressed. Well I mean...I manage. Somedays are better than others. I have a 4 and 5 year old, I work full time, I have a husband who is a Cop. I have a lot on my plate. Some days I feel I can handle everything and other days (like today) I feel stretched too thin. I mean am I stressed? Eh, maybe., probably. But there are people in this world who have it a lot worse than I do and I imagine their stress is much more stressful than my stress...so am I stressed? I can't answer that. And then my doctor just stares blankly at me....

No comments: