Finally, it's Friday. Long awaited Friday. Matt's working nights this weekend which means it's me and the kids. Which means I went to the grocery store, made some brownies (more on that in a minute) and now I'm catching up on my blogging while enjoying a glass of wine.
First of all...these brownies. Just the brownies alone might be the best I've ever had; they're completely made from scratch and knock your socks off kind of good. I found them on Pinterest. If you're not on Pinterest, it's a virtual pinboard. It's both boring and addictive at the sametime. Anyway...these brownies I speak of aren't just your everyday brownies. They are Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies. Imagine a layer of brownie w/ chocolate chips, then a layer of peanut butter cookie dough, topped with a layer of chocolate ganache, with peanut butter morsels on top....
Picture courtesy of Recipe Girl
It's a good thing I have the Gail Parkins Memorial Ovarian Cancer 5k Run and 2 mile walk tomorrow morning!!!
But the real reason I'm posting on a Friday night, other than a fair amount of bordom I'm experiencing while the kids watch Marley & Me - The Puppy Years, is to post pictures from the last few weeks of our summer. I feel a little blog guilt for not blogging most of the summer and Thing 1 and 2 have grown, like a lot. Especially Savannah. She's about four inches shorter than Caedmon, if that much, and her hair is getting so long. Caedmon's losing his baby fat, thinning out to the point of being able to count every rib despite his ferocious appetite. I can't explain the changes in his face...I'll let you see for yourself.
Above: First day of preschool 2010
Below: First day of Kindergarten 2011
Despite Matt having to work on Caedmon's First Day of School, he managed to meet us at the school so we could walk Caedmon to class!
No, I didn't cry. Yes, I definitely wanted to!
Little Miss Savannah's first day of 3 year old preschool
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At some point in August (my weekends are running together now), Matt and I particpated in the Warrior Dash. There are lot of pictures of me & Matt in action; you can see them here (my bib # is 15147). The obstacles weren't as hard as the running was for some reason and it was just over 3 miles (I'm going to blame it on the terrain). I could have lived without all the mud; some mud is fine...that much mud, eh!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Over Labor Day we trekked down South. The weather was perfect, the company incredible and with the exception of the trip home it was a great time!
I'm trying to get Matt to take more pictures of me with the kids...I want them to look back one day and remember they did have a Mom. While my kid looks all jacked up...it's a picture of us together, which is better than no picture at all.
Daddy Matt
Caedmonster!
Sweet Sister Sav
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's quickly talk Savannah's hair...
Remember last year when there was the cracked out lady at the hair salon that completely gave Sav a page boy cut...
This was Savannah a year ago.
This is Savannah today, days shy of turning 4.
Enjoy your weekend my friend!



1 comment:
How cool are you when a 'real life police officer' walks you to school on the first day!?!?!
Just wait...next thing you know...your 'baby' is in 2nd grade, both of your kids are in school and you wonder how the heck that happened? Of course - you're welcome to join me here in crazy-land where our way of combating the 'empty next' is to fill it back up with another.... LOL!
Post a Comment