1. Savannah isn’t handling the meningitis vaccine very well. Girlfriend can’t walk and just sits around with tears streaming down her face (not necessarily crying ... unless you touch her from waist down). Give her a little Tylenol and she perks right up, but she continues to walk with a limp.
2. Caedmon learned about morning showers this morning, even though he had a bath last night. He was in the best mood ever after his shower. He kept coming into the bathroom while we were getting ready asking “Dad, what do you want for breakfast? Mom, are you going to have eggs again? Mom, what do you want as your side?” Then he’d run back into the kitchen. We didn’t even fight over what clothes to wear or which shoes he could wear. He may shower every morning if this is how agreeable he’s going to be.
3. I spent all weekend painting. Our walls suddenly became disgusting (especially the first 4 feet or so of the walls). Unfortunately no matter how certain I am on the wall color, the brand of paint and the finish…it just doesn’t quite match perfectly. I’ve done about as much as I can do in the stairway and the entry way; I suppose we’ll have to hire someone to finish the hard to reach areas. I also painted the molding & trim in the upstairs hallway, the stair way, the entry way, the interior part of the front door and garage door, along with the inside and outside of the pantry door. Whew. It’s amazing what a little white semi-gloss paint can do. Now I dare someone to scuff my walls!!!
4. A Starbucks just opened yesterday near my work. It has a drive thru. It’s the simple things in life. I went today and got the much talked about Pumpkin Spice Latte; I have it once a year and it will hold me over until next year.
5. One week until I get to meet my new niece or nephew.
6. I stopped by the preschool during lunch to check on Savannah. She looked at me like I had just ruined her day when she saw me. I even tried to bribe her with promises of lip gloss and sparkly glittery fun in order to get a kiss and a hug. She looked at me and said {with a lot of attitude} “just one and it has to be quick.” I took what I could get.
7. Friday morning I had to pull, push, guide, and drag Caedmon onto the school bus while he screamed and cried; I’m not exaggerating. By the time he waved goodbye to me {I’m surprised he didn’t flick me off}, I wanted to cry myself.
8. Caedmon had 1’s on his progress report; the scale was 4-1 with 4 being exceeds and 1 being does not perform. Talk about a reality check for this momma. One of the fields he scored a 1 in was ‘environmental print.’ I had to google environmental print. Do you know what that is? It’s basically marketing stuff…Newsflash!! My kid has been able to identify the golden arches {McDonalds} since he was just over a year old. Thank you very much. If anything he exceeds in this area. Oh and he can’t rhyme, so swap that 3 you gave him for a 1 in this field. The kid will tell you horse rhymes with Minnesota if you ask him.
9. Crap, I just remembered I have bloodwork tomorrow I have to fast for. I guess I’ll be hitting up that new Starbucks twice this week. I really do cherish my early morning cup of coffee.
10. I cherish that cup of coffee so much that I set my alarm for ½ an hour early so I can sit on the couch, cup of hot coffee in hand and mindlessly surf the internet before my house wakes up for the day.
OMG. This week’s 10 took me from about 9am until 3:15 to finish. You better have loved it!
2 comments:
I did love it. Thanks. :)
I loved it too! Your posts always make me either laugh or cry..so take that how you will :) Sorry about C...I know that must be tough! Hang in there..kindergarten is hard stuff!
Post a Comment