Saturday, July 2, 2011

There's a pulse

I swear we're still alive, just busy! I thought for sure once school was out for the summer things would slow down, but I was wrong. This is the first weekend we haven't had something to do in a couple of months. I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while now. Matt's working days so my plan is to clean like a mad man! I'm talking bags to Goodwill, bags of trash, baseboards, floors, cabinets, closets...CLEANED! We'll see if it actually happens though. I've been up for an hour and I've finished one cup of coffee, bought Caedmon a movie ticket to see Cars 2 (again) w/ his cousin today and now I'm blogging....not exactly on my to do list, but oh well. And I want to make it to the gym. Crap, my 'do nothing weekend' just got an agenda.

So what have we been doing....

T-ball, lots of T-ball. Every Saturday since the beginning of May. Yay, it's finally over!
{Did I just really say that....I mean I loved every second of it. Especially the part where we had to wake at 6:30am to get everyone up, ready and out the house.}




Caedmon & Coach Chris


Father's Day
{outtakes}




And finally, this is about as good as it gets...


Gigi's Surprise 60th Birthday Party
Sav & Cousin Olivia

 C-mo

 This is Ben; he's 8. Caedmon and Ben just did a bed swap. Ben had bunkbeds and Caedmon had a twin bed. Ben needed more space in his room and Caedmon has a fairly large, empty room....so we swapped furniture! Caedmon loves his new beds {Sav does too} and Ben loves his extra space in his room!

 Uncle John

 Aunt Becky and Olivia

 Brother In Law, HB {Olivia's Dad....see a resemblance? :) }

 Me & Cy

 Special 'camping' cake my Dad had made for my mom.  They just bought a new Gulfstream travel trailer so this cake is quite appropriate.

Sisters!
Jenny (back), Danielle (left) and Me (holding Olivia)

 Family!
Gigi (back, left), Poppy Joe (back, middle), Jenny (back, right), Dani (front, left) & Me (w/ Olivia)

Sav & her "big sister" Sister, Emily
{Emily is the daugher of Cy}

Up, Up, & Away 


This is just a small recap. We've also been camping at the lake, spending time at the pool, birthday parties, cook outs with friends....just all over the place!

Thursday we're heading to the Mountains for the Highland Games for four days. We'll be towing the Prowler (my parent's old travel trailer) up the mountain to the campground. I'll admit I'm a bit nervous. It's the first time we've towed anything this heavy, let alone up a mountain...but I have been assured and reassured that Mary Kate (the Durango...long story) is perfectly capable of towing up to 9000lbs and the Prowler is only 5800lbs. The Durango been properly wired and all that hitch jazz is complete. We have the auxiliary transmission cooler thingy in place and there is already weight distribution bar on the Prowler....so we're all set {can you tell I have very little clue what I'm talking about}. Matt has been fully warned that I will be a completely neurotic person on the trip (I'm so uneasy about pulling this thing up a mountain...I might need to be medicated.). It should be fun though!

Did you notice we have a camera again? It's only a P&S, but it's great! I've already told Matt to start saving for my birthday and Christmas because I definitely want to replace my Nikon. {Matt...if you're reading this the D3100 will work, but if you want to splurge on the 5100 I won't be picky!}
Happy 4th of July friends! Be safe!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I just realized that all three of us have similar haircuts. And that my part is different from everyone else's. hum.