Sunday, June 5, 2011

WDW II

Where were we?

Right...Animal Kingdom, eh.
Moving on to Hollywood Studios...

Hollywood Studios definitely had something for everyone and was a pretty big hit with Caemdon & Matt. There was the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast show for the little princess of the group. Caedmon enjoyed the Star Tours (Star Wars) attraction. Both kids loved the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. Everyone enjoyed the Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show despite Lightning McQueen not being part of the show (regardless of what their website shows). Toy Story Mania was a good time as well; I definitely recommend getting the fast pass for this ride though. Food was easy to come by and there was indoor seating available. Most lines moved fairly quickly and the attractions were indoors, so if you could take the heat while waiting in line, once inside you had a little reprieve from the heat and sun. Overall, it was a very enjoyable day despite a couple melt downs on the kids part (and maybe me as well).

Magic Kingdom: We ended up spending two days here, skipping Epcot (although I wish Matt and I had done Epcot one night after the kids were in bed or just skipped Animal Kingdom and done Epcot, but you live and learn). This was probably mine & Sav's favorite park. Hands down, the best part was meeting the princesses. It seriously made Savannah's day year!!! And possibly Caedmon's too! After leaving the princesses Caedmon told us all he was going to marry all three of those girls (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Belle).

Other highlights were Tomorrowland's Buzz Lightyear's Space Rangers, the Peoplemover, and Space Mountain (C was too short to ride, which turned out to be a good thing because I think he would have freaked). The Speedway was kind of silly and a little disappointing; even Savannah asked me to go faster, which unfortunately wasn't an option for this ride.

Fantasyland was great for both C&S, especially Sav. We did It's a Small World, the carousel, Snow White's Scary Adventure and the Mad Tea Party! The kids laughed and screamed in delight for about the first two minutes of the tea cups and then their faces quickly sobered up and you could tell they were done!

Adventureland: We also visited Agrabah to see Jasmine and Aladdin and rode the Magic Carpets. We rode the boat through the Pirates of the Caribbean (which might have been a tad too much for Sav).  The Swiss Family Treehouse had no line and Caedmon enjoyed this a lot and asked to do it again.

In Liberty Square, Matt and Caedmon did the Haunted Mansion. We were going to take Sav, but in true Sav form while we were standing in line she decided she had to go potty (which she seemed to do every time we were in line) so Sav and I hunted a bathroom while Matt took Caedmon on this ride.

Hands down Caedmon's favorite ride was Splash Mountain in Frontierland. He screamed like a girl and had the biggest smile on his face. He loved every second of it and would ride it again and again if he could have. Again, I totally recommend the fast pass; we were able to walk right to the front of the line with this without stopping once.

Gosh, I'm sure there is more and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of stuff but bottom line...the kids had a great time, so did Matt and I. I'm glad we went and we can now say we've been there and done that...but it maybe a few years before we go back and I'm quite okay with that! :)

PS. We rented a City Mini double stroller from Magic Strollers. We couldn't have done this trip without that stroller. They dropped the stroller off at the hotel before we got there and picked it up sometime after we left. The kids loved the stroller and even at 3.5 and 5 years old it was a necessity! I believe we paid about $60 for 6 days of rental; worth every penny!

Now for pictures!

 Swiss Family Treehouse
 Sav's excited face when she found out she was going to meet the princesses

 Dinner at Raglan Road: Sav's creative side coming thru with the round placemats!
 Sav, Caedmon and Cousin Aiden (I have no idea what Matt was making them do)
 Matt & I hanging out at the Honey, I Shrunk the kids play area
 Poppy Joe (my Dad)
 Caedmon & the Giant Ant (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area)
 Sav & I waiting for the stunt show to begin
 Rapunzel (from Tangled) and Flynn Rider
 Me & Sav near Cinderella's Castle
 Jasmine & Aladdin
 Silly Caedmon waiting in the Pirates line...
Me & C-mo waiting in the Pirates line...
 This is how Sav spent most of the Pirates ride.
Pre Tea Cups:
During...
 Slowing down....
S & C with their Mickey Ears
Photography by Caedmon while waiting for the Electrical Parade to start

The End!

2 comments:

Graceandjoelroberts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Graceandjoelroberts said...

Love love love the picture of the four of you in front of the castle, that is a framer! Looks like you had a Great time, I really appreciate all the reviews of each park and ride. Its perfect. I bet you're exhausted and loving it!