Saturday, March 5, 2011

Playroom Makeover

You know I did this all wrong. I did not take before pictures. The previous owner had his manroom in what is now our playroom. This manroom was complete with a pool table, bar and a sink. I mean there are definite days when having a bar in the playroom had it's advantages, but really it's not exactly the vibe I'm going for in my home. After three years of nagging Matt to death, he finally agreed to take out the bar and sink and replace it with a normal counter top.

These before pictures are from about two years ago and of course I didn't take any of the lovely man bar in our playroom. You get the idea though....



And the after...




We still have a few things to do (like hide all the freaking cords, hang a few pictures, crown molding, etc) but it's a vast improvement. Before we had a desk in the corner with the computer. When Matt removed the old bartop and sink he extended the new countertop all the way to the left wall which gave us a space to put the desktop computer.

PS. The wall color is Sea Mist by Martha Stewart.

1 comment:

Crissie said...

Great Job Amanda!!!

Aren't those organizers awesome????