Gosh, I really have to get it together! Time is going by so quickly and the kids are growing soooo fast. I can't get this time back. I must get it together so I can keep documenting all their changes.
So my goal for the weekend is to finally upload our christmas pictures and share a few. Then I'm going to take some new pictures of the kids and upload them.
Caedmon is practically a young man now. He turns five in two weeks. F.I.V.E.! He's so smart and charismatic; there aren't even words that can capture his personality. I hope to be able to surprise him tomorrow with a little 'Mommy and Caedmon' date since he's been asking for one for a while now. We had his parent/teacher conference in mid January and I can honestly say his teachers did not have a single concern about him. He plays well with everyone; he can be the leader or take a back seat all depending on the situation. He shows empathy for his buddies and has improved tremendously with his handwriting and drawing skills since the first day of school. Registration for Kindergarten is March 1. My, oh my!
Savannah makes us laugh all the time. She is a pro at playing the 'clueless' role. We often call her Blondie. We're working on teaching her her address, full name, etc. A funny story about this...her first and middle name is Savannah Lake. We often visit a local park called Lake Lynn. So the other day we asked her what her name was and she said "Sannah Lake Lynn." Haha! Her new thing is when we wear sunglasses she will tell the boys they "look like rockstars" and she'll tell me (girls) I "look like Hollywoods." I think she might be phasing out of her princess phase a little; I only say that because we no longer have to take them everywhere we go. She's going on week three of no pull ups at night, which offically make her no longer a baby in any facet. :(
We'll be celebrating Caedmon's birthday, along with my nephew's 7th birthday, at the Great Wolf Lodge the weekend of February 19. I'm actually really excited to go. It will be nice to get away for a weekend.
Let's see, what I have been up to? Well I'm still working...alot. I do feel like I've grown a lot in my role over the last 6 months. I now offically have my Private Investigator's license to add to my resume.
I got a little burnt out on Crossfit works outs, so I've switched gears and joined the rest of the world and I'm giving P90X a try. The work outs are longer, but people swear by them. I figure I'll give it the 90 day try and see what happens.
My life consists of work and family, rinse and repeat right now. I'm completely okay with that because I'm such a home body to start with, but from time to time work and family does wear me down. I'm thinking about starting a cake decorating class at Michael's; I really want to learn how to make those fancy, fondant cakes!
Oh , I should give a shout out to Matt too...he is the Officer of the Month for his District (about 40 other cops). Yay, MattyBo!
Okay, well my lunch is over. I wanted to at least post and say we are alive and doing well. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and check back Monday for some cuteness!
No comments:
Post a Comment