Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mean mom or not?

I prefer No-Nonsense mom!

Caedmon has been quick to get an attitude with me and Matt. It's one thing to do it at home, but when he starts sassing people outside of the home I draw my line. Yesterday he sassed our neighbor and the baby sitter. As in the baby sitter called me at work to tell me Caedmon had been defiant, talking back, disrespectful all day.

So after work yesterday we took a trip to Nonni’s house where Caedmon was greeted by a disappointed Nonni and he served 20 minutes of manual labor by picking up sticks in the wooded area while Sav and I sat on the deck overseeing his activity and basically ignoring his whines. Based on the number of complaints I heard from him “This is boring. This hurts. I’m hot. I need water. I have bug bites. How much longer?” I would say he learned his lesson. Once we got home he then had to write a letter (well trace the words, check out Custom Tracer Pages to make your own apology letters or whatnot) to Grace and Christine apologizing for his behavior. Let’s hope this works and he straightens up very soon.

On a happy note he can write his name by himself with all the letters facing the right direction! The things you learn when punishing your child! :)


Sorry for the poor quality; pictures taken with my phone.

No comments: