Thursday, October 7, 2010

10 on Thursday

1. So much to do, so little time. I wish I could say poor time management is my problem, but to be completely honest I’m quite the multi-tasker. I manage people’s schedules for a living; so that’s not my problem. I think I just have to just learn to say “no”.

2. The kids are doing well. They’ve been whining more, but it could be because we’ve been so busy that we haven’t been able to give them extra snuggles and attention. Savannah’s hair cut makes her look taller. I looked at her this morning and told her to stop growing up so quickly.

3. This Sunday is the Walk of Hope. We take part in this walk in memory of Matt’s sister, Nicole.

4. I figured out what I want to do for my 30th… Matt and I will take a long weekend trip to NYC (well I’m 95% sure). Matt’s never been to the city and I love the city. Plus the Giants play the Redskins in the new stadium the Sunday we will be there so it’s a win-win for all! I can’t wait.

5. Caedmon started Spanish this week at school. He’ll have Spanish class every Monday. I seriously can’t believe how much he has learned over the last four weeks. It’s very impressive! They take their first field trip to the Pumpkin Patch Tuesday October 12.

6. My Dad’s Biopsy results came back; it’s the same as last time – low grade, non invasive. This means they’ll follow up in another three months and if there are more spots found they will go in and do the same procedure again. Thanks for your prayers and emails!

7. We went back to my old High School for a football game last Friday. It’s weird, a lot has changed, but nothing has changed all at the same time. Mr.Tony was still sitting on the top row of the bleachers just where we left him 11 years ago. The cheerleaders left a lot to be desired (they're still do the exact same cheers and movements they were when I was there; Sav enjoyed them more than the game). The uniforms pretty much looked the same. The sound system is still from 1982.  Instead of knowing most everyone, I knew almost no one. The kids had a great time though and it was nice to spend some time with my parents and family.

8. I love this weather. Fall has always been my favorite season. Matt & I were married in November (Thanksgiving weekend which is also my favorite holiday). The cool temperatures, the changing leaves, pumpkins, and the newest reason why I love fall … I get to turn the seat warmers on in my car! It makes the morning drive so cozy!

9. My new assistant was offered another job that pays more, so needless to say…she’s gone. Boo!

10. It has taken me over 4 hours to type these 10 things. Sadly I know a lot more fun or funny things have happened over the last 9 days but I can’t remember any of it.

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Christmas in NYC is my dream. One day I will make it happen. Have a great time!! Don't you hate it when a haircut makes them look so much older..I dread that every time.

Jill and Paul Johnson said...

Ahh if and only if we move to NYC in the next couple months which I hope we won't but if we do you guys could stay with us for FREE!!!!!!!! But lets hope we will still be here!!