Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday's 10

1. My Dad is doing well since his surgery last Friday. They took more samples and we’ll hear back sometime this week with the results.

2. Matt’s getting the slit seeder out today; good bye dead grass and weeds. If you drive by our house over the next month – excuse the nasty yard. Hopefully, eventually, we’ll get grass that stays.

3. Caedmon had a consult with an Orthodontist last week (per our Dentist's request) due to his thumb sucking and the damage that has caused. Since he's stopped sucking his thumb, Dr. Holly said he believed Caedmon was on the right track. He also has a while longer until his permanent teeth start to come in so his bottom teeth may shift forward since he's no longer sucking his thumb.

4. Since my promotion, I’ve been training my replacement and my new assistant. In addition to keeping up with the files I was helping on before and taking on my own files. Despite numerous moments with insane tightness in my chest, I believe we’re thru the hard part and I’m hoping for smooth sailing for a little bit.

5. Caedmon has a little girlfriend…let me emphasize the little part. Isabella is 6 m/o and the daughter of our neighbors. Caedmon loves playing with her. Bella will crawl all over him and they both just giggle. He’s very gentle with her. He’s getting comfortable enough around her now that he’ll ask to hold or carry her (just a couple steps and I’m there the whole time). He’ll do anything to make her laugh. It’s really cute to watch.

6. We spent Saturday at my parent’s house. Caedmon was invited to play with some other {older} boys at a friend’s house. When it was time to clean up, apparently Caedmon was the only one to help. Ben ended up paying Caedmon $1 and let him pick a toy to take home with him since he was the only one to help clean up Ben’s room. I have to say our OCD ways are rubbing off on Caedmon. The kid is an excellent cleaner!

7. OMG! Caedmon can receit the Pledge of Allegiance. I about fell out of my chair and cried at the same time when he recited it for us the other night at dinner. He hit every single word, perfectly. I’ll get it on video as soon as he lets me. He’s learning so much this year in school already; it’s crazy. His coloring is improving as well.

8. Sav, dear sweet Sav…she doesn’t talk much about school but I think she likes it. I’m pretty sure she prefers Ms. Mary to Ms. Diana because she only talks about Ms. Mary and can’t even remember Ms. Diana’s name.

9. My 30th birthday is coming up in December. I want to take a weekend trip with Matt somewhere, just the two of us. Any suggestions? We’d talked about Seattle and Vancouver, but that may be too pricey since it’s right around the holidays.

10. Savannah had her three year old check up Friday. She's doing great; she is 28lbs and 36 inches tall. She's in the 25th percentile for both; she's just a pip squeak!

PS. I just reread this (it's Wednesday)...I need to slow down and start proof reading better. Yikes!

2 comments:

Graceandjoelroberts said...

Don't you hate that you have to pay to have grass! It just seems like one of those things that you should just have.

For your bday trip, Seattle is a great place. My hubby grew up there so I know he'd pass along the must do stuff.

Our last trip was to San Diego and we Loved it, way more than I thought we would. We can't wait to go back!

Jonathan said...

Look into San Fran/Sonoma. It's off season out there, so you might be able to find some deals. There's wine country, city life, red woods (though outside will be chillly). You're not far from Yosemite.

Or head south and find some warmth. New Orleans, Fla., etc.