Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday's 10

1. We go through phases at our house. Phases of good behavior, phases of good eating, phases of good sleeping and then it all goes to hell (excuse the language). The poor sleeping is my fault; I will own that. It’s not Savannah; she’s always been a decent sleeper (well once she made it to about 3 months of age). Caedmon though...our dear, sweet, handsome, charismatic, can manipulate his momma like nobody’s business Caedmon….He knows when Matt is working nights. He knows when I am my weakest (pretty much any time after 10pm Monday thru Sunday). Matt just finished up working nights, so guess who slept with me for three out of the last four nights? Yeap, Caedmon! Last night when he strolled into my room at midnight to tell me he had a bad dream and I then scorn me because I forgot to leave the bathroom light on, I told him if he would go back to sleep he could get his sleeping bag and sleep next to my bed. He did; all night. And was up at 6:15 telling me he was scared (I’m rolling my eyes at this point and kicking myself b/c I now have a kid that doesn’t want to sleep in his room AND is up way before what Matt considers an acceptable time)…seriously kid? It’s a dark, rainy, stormy kind of morning…go back to bed! So now I have to train him again to sleep in his bed. What is it they say…it only takes one hit to become addicted?

2. I still have pictures to post of the visit from our TX family. Shame on me!

3. The kids have dentist appointments today. This will be Sav’s first visit and Caedmon’s third I believe.

4. Two weeks from today is the first day of school for the kiddos! I’m not sure if they are excited or not. I don’t think Savannah understands that Ms. Sherry and Ms. Laura won’t be her teachers this year.

5. Do you remember me telling you I was teaching the 3rd-5th grade Sunday school class once a month? That class consists of about 10-13 kids on a typical Sunday and I’d say it’s about 80% boys. Do you know how much redirection a group of kids that age (and gender) need? Whew!

6. I have a little addiction to Craigslist. In fact a lot of furniture in our house is second hand; actually other than our dining room table I think all of our furniture is second hand. We recently found a pine, twin bed for Caedmon (his other one was very squeaky). Of course that meant I needed to find a matching tall, pine dresser. I found one last week for $40! Score! We took his old dresser (which was from his nursery days; I had repainted it white, it was fairly narrow and O.L.D. as in probably 30 plus years old) and cut the legs down. It now fits nicely in our hall closet and stores winter hats/mittens, wipes, hair clippies, combs, hair detangler, and the kids’ shoes. Yay for organization and no kid shoes all over the house.

7. I’m still reading Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner. It’s good. I like it. I could definitely see it being made into a movie…I hope it’s made into a movie.

8. It’s less than a month until I have a 3yr old and a 4.5 yr old. Where does the time go? I think when Sav turns 4…that one is going to be a hard birthday for me. Four just seems…well not a toddler, which means there is no baby in our house.

9. Our weekends for September have already filled up. In fact, I think we’re booked thru mid October. How does this happen?

10. Oh gracious. I went to the mall yesterday to return something and as I entered the parking deck, I panicked. As soon as I was sandwiched between the layers of the deck I felt instantly nauseas, my chest tighten, and I seriously could not wait until I was on the upper level and out of the parking deck. I would have driven faster but I kept applying the brakes because I kept thinking my car was going to be smashed between the levels. Just thinking about it makes my stomach hurt. Once I was on the top deck and could see daylight again I was fine, but it was freaking the worst feeling!

1 comment:

Christie Juengling said...

Your blog always makes me smile and, unfortunately, is the main way we keep up with you guys. Good job with the organization of kid's shoes. That is our #1 issue in this house. Do you put the shoes in the dresser or do the kids do it? I'd love to know because shoes magically grow legs, run away and hide 2 seconds after they take them off. It's a constant struggle even when we have a shoe caddy just for their shoes.

For me, the kids were not babies anymore was they were out of diapers. When Brendan, graduated to big boy pants earlier this year, I was so excited that I would not have to change any more diaper I couldn't stand myself. Then I realized what that meant and I wasn't so happy anymore.