Friday, July 23, 2010

Shout Out!

Wednesday night Matt packed his truck up with the kids in tow and took off for Lake Gaston. I couldn't get off work, so I'm driving down this afternon - you know ducking out of the office as soon as I feel it's okay to do.

I was driving to work this morning thinking about the phone conversation I had with Savannah last night and man...I miss that girl! And the boys too...but something about the way Savannah responded when I told her I had a new pink nail polish for us and she excitedly said "Oh it's BEAUTIFUL" (without seeing the actual color) just made my heart love her even more.

Don't worry I haven't been lonely yet; although I do wish I had thought about it earlier and I would have left work at 12 Thursday (like I normally do) and headed to the pool for a few hours of momma/pool time rather than working until 3.

Now for a not so shameless shout out....

A few months ago I got my hair {professionally} colored for the first time ever. Then my frugal side kicked in and I told myself it's not okay to spend that kind of money every 6 weeks on my hair when I have two kids at home and a savings account that could use some loving too.

In June I decided to try out the Aveda Institute about half an hour away; it's a training school so the prices are pretty much half of what you would pay in the salon. HOLY CHAOS BATMAN! I drove 30 minutes each way, waited about 20 minutes past my appointment time before my Stylist came for me, and sat in my chair for 4 hours, yes 4! There was so much going on around me, plus the fact that I just knew this chick was going to ruin my hair, that I couldn't relax at all. My hair came out fine (the cut was great, the color was ...ehh). I decided then and there if I was going to have my hair colored and taken care of (not neglected like it's been for the last...well long time) then I'd go to a salon that I'm comfortable at regardless of the price because after all...the extra $50 is worth my peace of mind.

Yesterday I headed back to the first salon where I had my hair colored, Lather Hair Salon. As I was telling my Stylist that I wanted to get rid of these nasty, what once was supposed to be caramel highlights which now look something along the lines of my hair in High School when Sun-In was cool, she mentioned something called a Color Glaze. I agreed, picked my color and within an hour was back to dark! Oh dark hair how I have missed you. To top it off...a color glaze is only $20. I walked out of the salon with a hair cut and some hot momma dark hair for $64 plus tip! Hells yeah, you read that right, $64!!! For $20 a pop if I have to go back every four weeks to have it glazed I can afford it. Plus glaze is good for your hair, better than permanent color. It's more of a conditioning agent and since it's not permanent I can work my way back to my natural color easier without having that clear defined line of natural and unnatural hair color!

So if you are in the Raleigh area, check out Lather Hair Salon (located near CarMax off Glenwood Rd/Hwy 70). Also, check them out on Facebook. If they get 600 Fans by the end of July then all Fans receive 35% off any service. There is also a 20% off coupon on their website (look under Specials) for First Time Customers.

Enjoy your weekend folks; I'm off to the Lake for a couple days.

No comments: