Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I want to wish the Mother's and Mother's to be out there a Happy Mother's Day.

Matt's working 6a-6p today, so I get to spend my day with my two favorite stinkers. I woke up to a new running skirt (errr, I guess I need to get my tail back to running). This is in addition to the framed pictures, the homemade cards, the hand painted flower pots, hand decorated plates, a mini flag with bugs and flowers made out of fingerprints, special snuggles and I Love Yous.

Enjoy your day with your little ones (or your little belly). Don't forget to call your Mom! The three of us are off to celebrate Mother's Day with our BFFs (you know who you are!!!) by having a picnic at the park!

I'll leave you with my favorite quotes about motherhood.

"The days are long, but the years are short." - Arthur Unknown

"The most important thing she's learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." - Jill Churchill

"It's easy to complain about our children. But when we want to express our joy, our love, the words elude us. The feelings are almost so sacred they defy speech." - Joan McIntosh

"Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything else gets reduced to essentials." - Meryl Streep

"The best conversations with mothers always takes place in silence, when only the heart speaks." -Carrie Latet

"She never leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along." -Margaret Culkin Banning

"There's a lot more to being a woman than being a mother, but there is a hell of a lot more to being a mother than most people suspect." -Roseann Barr

"When they tell you to grow up, they mean stop growing." -Tom Robbins

"There are three ways to get things done: do it yourself, hire someone to do it, or forbid your kids to do it." -Monta Crane

1 comment:

A&kids said...

aw...so cute. It was fun spending time with you guys today! Happy Mother's Day!