Friday, April 9, 2010

P.A.C.I.

To paci or not to paci?

Seriously, we're five nights into Operation No More Paci. I must have jinxed myself on my 10 on Tuesday because it's been anything but easy the last few days. I've stopped telling her we left it at the farm, I've told her the mail man won't be bringing her paci. I've just told her the truth. Pacis are for babies and you are no longer a baby; therefore, no more paci.

Oh the crying! Oh the screams! Oh the begging! Tuesday night it took her close to two hours to fall asleep. I'm talking two hours of crying. Wednesday night she went to sleep a little easier, but woke around 11:30pm and was up for a good hour if not more. Naps, ha! I had to lay down with her yesterday.

She got so desperate earlier this week she took her dolly's paci. Too bad that little plastic nub doesn't quite do it for her. She asked yesterday afternoon if we could buy a new paci at Target.

Last night Matt put her to bed and she did great. Maybe it was the Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog princess) Barbie I bribed her with yesterday; maybe it was because it was almost an hour past her bedtime when we put her to bed. Maybe she's finally accepting the fact that there is no more paci.

Maybe, hopefully.

But we're five days in; we can't turn back now. We've come this far, we must perservere and not let her sad, red, puffy eyes con us into giving in.

That and she's sleeping at Grandma's house tonight, so it won't be my problem!

Hahahahaha. Sorry Gigi!

No comments: