Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm coming around

to the fact that he's turning four. I can't stop it. It's going to happen. I might as well accept it.

I've always been one to dread turning a year older, I guess the same is true when it comes to watching your children grow up as well. I think some birthdays are just harder to accept than others. The 3rd birthday was a piece of cake for me, but four - isn't there some way to make time slow down?

Four years ago today (it was a Friday) was the last morning I woke up just "me". The last morning that I dictated when I got out of bed. It was the last dinner Matt & I shared before becoming parents. It was the last day of the rest of my life.

Although I know I am not always the mother I dreamed I would be, I am forever grateful that I am his mother. Caedmon is one of the best blessings I have ever been given and I'm eternally grateful for him.


No comments: