Tuesday, February 16, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. We may have to stage a Princess intervention soon. I can’t count the number of times I heard Savannah tell Caedmon “No, I Princess! You….” last night. Oh the first time she says that me, once I’m done laughing, she may not want to be a Princess anymore! *wink*

2. Caedmon is the Star of the Week at school. I sent him to school today with some of his favorite snacks, 4 mini photo albums, one of his favorite toys, and a poem about our family.

3. I don’t believe I mentioned it last week, but Matt’s Grandmother passed away last Tuesday.

4. We went for our long run Saturday; it was going to be 10 miles. It turned out to be about 10.5 miles but that is okay because I FAILED!!!! I quit running after mile 9. There was snow on the ground, which wasn’t an issue. But once the snow started to melt, the trail softened and there were puddles everywhere. My legs felt like anchors, my feet and body was freezing. Once I made it home I continued to shiver for about 2 hours before shivers gave way to chill bumps. And oh the nausea! It wasn’t fun at all. In fact I made the executive decision that if it is raining on the day of the half marathon, I will NOT be running.

5. For Valentine’s Day we gave the kids gifts. Caedmon got a pillow pet and Savannah ended up w/ a Princess Tiana dress. I thought the pillow pet might be a little “feminine” for Caedmon, but he loves it. He got the Penguin (that’s manly right?) and has slept on it for naps and at bedtime since Sunday. So now I need to place an order for Savannah to get a pillow pet bunny in time for Easter.

6. Speaking of gifts – Caedmon’s birthday is Thursday and we haven’t bought him one thing yet. I know one thing he wants and he’ll get it, but he got so many great things at Christmas time that it’s really hard to buy for his birthday just 6 weeks later.

7. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. Are you giving up anything for Lent?

8. Although I’m not catholic I was going to try (and most likely fail) to give something up. The only thing I can really think of right now is to stop talking negatively about others. But I’m finding that line to be a little gray. I mean what if I’m just voicing my opinion about a situation and it happens to be negative. Does that count? I think I need to rethink this. Plus Matt and I bond over our negativity – so it would be a quiet 40 days if I did give that up.

9. Babies are everywhere. Babies are being born, people are finding out they are pregnant – babies, babies, babies! I even saw a 2 mo old baby at church Sunday who was so stinking cute that it literally brought tears to my eyes.

10. I’ve signed up for two classes/certifications at work. I am hoping this will bump me up to the next Case Manager level. However, I’ll be busy taking on line classes and exams now through April.

1 comment:

Dana Corey said...

I think it would be a great time to have another baby..3 by 30!!!