Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions

Before I can offically announce my resolutions for 2010 I should recap on how I did in 2009.

Out of the $12,000 in debt (Matt's truck and our credit cards) we have $3514.00 left to pay off. I was bummed to find out we owed more than $2,500.00 still on Matt's truck but when I look at it this way...we are $8,486 richer this year. That's not bad for a family that only has a few hundred left over each month once the bills are paid (and that's being generous). Whatever our finanical situation is, we both know that we are very blessed and lucky to be able to afford what we have. There isn't a day that goes by that we don't know how fortunate we are.

Alright, so my resolutions for 2010:
  • Run, at minimum two races, this year. I'm already signed up for a half marathon in March.
  • Pay off Matt's truck ($3514.00) by the end of March 2010.
  • Read two books a month
  • Find quiet time each morning to focus on what I want to accomplish that day or the next day, and to read a devotional.
  • Save, save, save. I want to get our savings to a place where we have 6 months of living expenses saved up (this one may take longer than a year).
  • One date night with Matt a month, with just Matt.
  • Begin to introduce Caedmon & Savannah to people less fortunate by volunteering at various places that can use a few extra sets of hands.

I think that sums it up. Of course there are plenty of things I plan to accomplish this year but those are more things that must be done; so I don't consider them a resolution.

What are your resolutions for 2010?

1 comment:

Tiff said...

MC - AWESOME resolutions... and I'd say yall did darn good last year! GOOD luck keeping all of yours! ALL the best for 2010! HUGS!