It's that time of year again...time to make resolutions so we can break them about 4 weeks in, right?
I'm not going to list multiple resolutions, as I do not need a New Year to begin breaking bad habits or promise to go to the gym at minimum four days a week....those kind of resolutions only bring me down when I find myself breaking e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. of them and who wants to start a New Year off on the wrong foot.
So this year our BIG resolution is to be DEBT free by the end of 2009. Okay and let me clarify our definition of debt free, no credit card debt and to have Matt's truck paid off. We're looking at close to $12,000 in a year. Can we do it? I sure hope so. My car is another story because it's leased...and well we're not sure what we're going to do about that, but for now we'll take baby steps and having one car payment is much better than two car payments!
Now you may ask....how is it that we are going to basically find an extra $1,000 a month to put towards debt? First of all I'm in the process donating a few of my lovely eggies to a couple trying to have a baby. I'd thought about this for a while, but between being pregnant, getting pregnant again, and then I wanted to wait until Savannah was a year old (and my hormores had leveled out), I decided at the end of 2008 to go through with it. My donation should be finished by the end of this month and my nurse said she thought she had another family lined up for me if I was interested in doing another donation....so cross your fingers! Then there are tax refunds, bonuses and of course eating "beans and rice, rice and beans" as Dave Ramsey says. So it may not be the most fun year we've ever had, but it sure will be worth it in the end!
What's your resolution(s)?
4 comments:
Hey, my name is Erica and I've been following you off of Tiff's page. I think your resolution is a very good one and one of ours also. My husband and I love Dave Ramsey's show and we've paid of $4200 in the last four months. You can do it. I know we're not that excited about living on beans and rice, but the end result is wonderful!! Good luck!!
YOu guys make pretty babies...maybe I will take an egg or two... is that inappropriate:)
Hey! Let me know how your donation turns out. Mark and I have talked about that before. I will be egg-less for the next 6mo or so as we are expecting a baby in July, but I would be interested in that in the furture! :) Hope all goes well!
That is funny that is something you are doing...I have thought a lot about that...I would love to make a family happy because I have them something they needed to feel whole...let me know how it goes.
Post a Comment