1. Christmas is next week. It’s hard to believe. In a way it doesn’t feel like Christmas to me. I’m distracted, my patience thin, I’m spread thin, and I’m searching for ways to make it feel more like Christmas. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
2. Caedmon told me the other day that I ruined Christmas; all because we were out of cookies.
3. The whining in our household is at an all time high. From the moment their eyes pop open until the moment they drift off to sleep they can think of something to whine about. Heck, they can whine about nothing.
4. I took Savannah to a shoe store the other day. She has three levels for shoes: cute, not cute, and yuck. Everything I picked out was “not cute” or “yuck.” The only cute pair she found was a pair of white keds (yes they still make keds) that looked like 1988 threw up on them. They were splattered w/ neon colored paint. I told her they were the ugliest things I had ever seen (and they were, trust me). We settled on a pair of brown slip on/clog-like shoes with bright pink and green flowers.
5. My employer Christmas party was this past Saturday. When I put my dress on (it’s a semi formal event), Caedmon walked in and said “wow, you look nice”…without being prompted!
6. The party was a casino theme. At the end of the night you cashed out your remaining chips for raffle tickets. We happened to be the owners of the first raffle ticket drawn. Like a good wife, I picked the best prize which happened to be a stock car ride along. I’m sure Matt will enjoy it and Caedmon will have a blast watching Matt.
7. Do you know what’s sad? We’ve only received four Christmas cards so far. There must be a lot of scrooges out there; or maybe we’re just not very well liked.
8. I need to get to wrapping gifts. This way I can make sure everything has been bought and all gifts are equal before it’s the day before Christmas and I realize I only have one thing for Caedmon’s stocking and 12 for Savannah’s.
9. If your child complained that his back hurt all the time, but he never acted as if it hurt would you believe him?
10. I need to stop reading these blogs about childhood cancers and whatnot; otherwise our pediatrician may think I’m crazy.
3 comments:
Keep checking your mail you have at least one more card coming:)
Our cards went out Thursday - hopefully - we are one of the four!
Where are the Christmas party pictures?!?!
Two more because mine went out today. :) And Joey is always saying his back hurts..maybe because he's heard me say it..but I swear, you can ask the kid to pick up his clothes, and he can't because "his back urts."
Post a Comment