1. Our garage door broke a couple weeks ago. Basically Matt had to rehang the control panel box in the garage. Once that was fixed, another piece broke from the actual door. Whoever installed our garage door was an idiot and half of the pieces were screwed on improperly so there was a lot of “redoing” that Matt had to do.
2. With that said, I still can’t park in the garage and of course there was a frost this morning. I complain that the weather around here doesn’t get cold enough but let me tell you…I was none too happy to have to let my car warm up and even then it was dang chilly in there when I left for work.
3. While I was waiting for the car to heat up I decided to check on my sleeping babies. I walked into Caedmon’s room and realized that he wasn’t wearing a shirt…intriguing I thought as I put him to bed in pajamas so why was his shirt off. I moved the covers back to see that he has on a pair of red shorts. Again, not what he went to bed in. Of course he started waking so I asked him why he wasn’t wearing his pajamas. He told me his other PJs got wet, so he changed sometime during the night. I checked and although his bed didn't feel wet neither did his PJs, but the kid is never wrong so I assume he changed his clothes for a reason. Anyway, this was just another reminder to me that he doesn’t need me the way he once did. Six months ago he would have screamed bloody murder that he’d wet himself and Matt or I would have ran upstairs, heart pounding to see what was going on. Now he just opens his drawer, changes his clothes and gets back in bed.
4. Have I told you guys that he’s wearing boxers these days? If you think boxer briefs makes you want to pinch their bottoms, you should see him in boxers!
5. Savannah is my hero! Yesterday she told Caedmon not to be a cry baby!
6. Lately I can’t get enough of Savannah. Maybe because Caedmon doesn’t need me the way she still does. Every night when we put her to bed she says “snuggle me” and pulls you into her. Her skin is still baby soft (as compared to Caedmon whose skin is rougher, his bones harder, he’s more big kid), her hands still have some baby fat to them, and man I could eat her she’s so stinking cute.
7. Caedmon & Savannah have been playing so well together. Last night they were playing Cars and Caedmon kept repeating lines from the movie and telling Savannah what her lines were. Then they played Doctor. He went down stairs to get the plastic step stool so Savannah can get on and off their beds easier. They are best buddies, I swear!
8. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Our trees are up. We have two this year, one downstairs and one upstairs. The upstairs tree maybe the ugliest tree I’ve ever seen. It’s about 4 feet tall and the limbs are sparse, but the kids love it.
9. This is our 3rd Christmas in our house; however, I still feel like our interior decorations are limited. All the holiday décor we have was for our old house. We don’t have a fireplace or a mantle. I don’t even know what to do with our stockings. Right now they’re lying under our tree. I’ve told myself I’ll take a little time (and a little money) and buy a few more decorations that fit our house.
10. We made it back from a wonderful trip to upstate NY. It took us 13 hours and 4 stops to get there and only 17 hours and 3 stops to get home. We sat on the NJ turnpike for 5 hours Saturday. We left Uhma’s (Matt’s grandma’s) at 10am and we pulled into our drive way just before 3am. The kids were great though. Never once did they fuss. I may have had to unbuckle them from their carseats while we sat in traffic once or twice to let them stand up and stretch their bodies but they were awesome! The trip was great. Uhma is 90 yr old and sharp as a tack! We also spent some time with Matt’s cousins and really enjoyed seeing them and their children again. Pictures to come.
PS. Happy Birthday to my little sister, Danielle. She's 26 today! OMG, that means I'll be 29 in less than a week. Yikes!
1 comment:
Good one Mc!!!!! Happy EARLY Birthday!!
Post a Comment