Tuesday, November 17, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. Let’s see, one week from today we leave for New York.

2. Next Friday will be five years since Matt and I got married. Two houses, five cars (wow, yes that’s right), two kids, four jobs (all Matt), and five years later we’re still going strong.

3. Matt and I called Caedmon stinking cute last night and he said “I’m not cute; I’m Cayman, just plain Cayman”. He can’t quite get that there is a “d” in his name. He’ll laugh when Savannah calls him “Cayman” and he’ll say “Sissy called me Cayman, but my name is Cayman”…he thinks he says his name correctly, but like I said he can’t pronounce that ‘d’.

4. I’m done with Christmas shopping. I have even finished stockings and the dog’s “gifts”. I ordered our Christmas cards last night.

5. Matt has been bugging me about getting dog clippers so he can shave Molly himself and not have to spend $60 every couple of months (and she needs shaving REALLY bad right now). I did it; I bought a pair of doggie clippers. Anyone want to take bets as to how long it actually takes Matt to shave the dog and whether or not he quits shaving her half way through because she’s got so much fur and she won’t sit still?

6. I get three Thanskgiving meals next week. Monday my work is having Thanksgiving lunch catered, Tuesday is Thanksgiving lunch at the kid’s preschool, and then the real thing on Thursday!

7. Matt and I have decided to run in a half marathon in our area this coming March. I guess that means we need to start training.

8. We have no plans for New Year’s Eve yet. I can’t believe I’m thinking about New Year’s Eve already. Have you figured out what you are doing yet?

9. We’ve gone all ‘hard core’ on Savannah and her paci obsession. She can have it but only in her room. This means she spends half her day on her bed, paci in mouth. She can get up on her bed, but can’t get down. Last night Caedmon told me she was in the playroom with her paci. By the time I got to the playroom she had her Tinkerbell pillow and was hiding behind it with her paci in her mouth. So was so stinking cute, but I had to play ‘bad cop’ and take her paci away. One.day.we.will.be.a.paci.free.house.if.it’s.the.last.thing.I.do!

10. Caedmon now gets Savannah up in the morning. He goes into her room (I’m not sure if he wakes her up or if she’s already awake), she scoots to the edge of her bed, he wraps his arms around her, she leans toward him and he guides her off the bed (they’ve shown me how they do this). It’s the sweetest thing, but those two can do serious damage to the upstairs when alone. They are so quiet you don’t even hear them (we have the baby monitor in our room, which is downstairs), but you don’t hear a peep out of them. We just wake up to a hurricane that has come through their bedrooms and playroom.

1 comment:

Erica Walters said...

I'm glad someone else is as bad as us on cars..we've had 9 in our 6 years of marriage! Landon does the same thing with his name..when we say hey Wandon..he says I'm not Wandon, I'm Wandon. He doesn't realize that his L's come out as W's.