Monday, November 2, 2009

10 on Tuesday

whew, it's a long one day. enjoy.

1. Wednesday of last week I started coming down with a sore throat, which ended up being strep. It's the 2nd bout with strep I've had in 3 months. Blah. I hate strep!

2. Saturday we were at the grocery store and Savannah got sick...as in she had no mercy on me! She vomited all over herself, my feet, the shopping cart and the store. It was a paralyzing moment...who should I take care of first - me, her, the store? I couldn't just leave her in the buggy and go get an employee but I really didn't want to just leave a fresh pile of vomit on the floor either. Thankfully a nice young couple walked by, made a disgusted face at each other and then the guy came back with paper towels in hand. I cleaned up as much as I could, then found the "caution" sign and placed it over the "left overs" on the floor.

3. On the same day, Caedmon had a "#2 accident" which he hasn't had...ever, seriously! He didn't make it to the bathroom in time to put the kiddy potty seat over the regular size toilet seat. I was greeted by the most awful smell as I walked up the stairs and then I heard "don't come in here" being yelled from the kid's bathroom. So of course I rushed in only to almost step in it, drag the door right over it, and turn my back to the dog who quickly helped herself to it....gag, vomit, hurl, gag, gag, gag, dry heave! Poor Caedmon was so upset over all this...as was I. Vomit and poop in the same day. **Waving the white flag***

4. Last year Caedmon had a little crush on a girl from church. Unfortunately at the time, Neila didn't feel the same way toward him. As the old saying goes, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Upon our return to church on Sunday (it might have been about 2 months since we were last at church, hey…life lifes okay!), Neila helped herself to some Caedmon! Within minutes of them saying hello, they were enjoying some donuts under a table together and chatting away. While we were in worship, Neila came to sit with us. During Children's church they sat side by side, she grabbed his hand as they walked to their classrooms and she even walked him to his classroom (Caed's in the 2/3 yr old room and Neila is in the 4/5 yr old room). After church they found each other again, and continued on with the hand holding! When we got home I asked him if he had asked Neila if she went trick or treating to which he replied "she asked me". Of course I asked him what she dressed up as and he told me she had been a "Rock star"...is it not mind blowing that these two little kids engaged in conversation and hand holding? Neila's a cute girl and all, but that's my little boy! I'm so proud of him "for playing it cool" but at the same time I'm sad that some little girl somewhere is going to steal my baby boy's heart one day!

5. Savannah didn't take to this whole "Neila and Caedmon sitting in the tree thing" very well. If you could only have seen the look she gave the two of them as they walked off together and she wasn't invited. Man, that girl's heart was broken!

6. Monday morning Caedmon told me he'd be "sad forever" if I went to work. Buddy, I'm forever sad I have to go to work.

7. I'm not a very competitive person; however, I just (as in yesterday) agreed to run the 8K in the OBX THIS weekend. Seriously, I haven't run more than 2 miles at once since the 8K in March. Matt said he wanted to run it, so I said "okay I'm in"...I don't think it's about competitiveness, but more about not feeling left out.

8. I believe my actual words were "okay I'll pull 6 miles out of my butt" and Caedmon yells "...Out of your butt! We don't say butt! You don't say butt, mom."

9. We finally had to break into our Dave Ramsey Emergency Fund last night. We've had our allotted money sitting in a special emergency savings account for over a year, not needing to touch it, but with the Holidays quickly approaching we're trying to stick with our budget (can I get a big fat HA on that) we had to dig in. My rear tire had been leaking air and about every 10 days I'd have to fill it back up. When I took my car in for an oil change I asked them to patch my tire. Turns out that tire had been patched and plugged and patched and plugged as there are two holes side by side. He said he did as well as he could, but once that tire decided to go flat there would be no stopping it and it would be a matter of minutes before it was d.o.n.e. So, $181 later and I should have a new tire before we leave for the OBX Friday.

10. I'm driving down to the OBX by myself Friday (thus the need for a new tire). This maybe the first car trip I've taken alone since.... I had kids! Matt and the kids are leaving early Friday morning and riding up with Fairy Gary (Matt's friend Garrett; he has the new Tinkerbell movie to thank for his new nick name). I have to work until noon, so I'll be down later in the afternoon and then I'm driving back early Sunday morning with Savannah because I have an appointment at 10am Sunday. Caedmon will stay with Matt so they can see the Half Marathoners and Full Marathoners finish the race!

1 comment:

Erica Walters said...

Don't feel bad about breaking into your Emergency Fund. We've only had ours about 3 months and had to dive in for Nixon's surgery..life happens:)