Tuesday, November 10, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. We're back from the OBX. The 8k went well. Matt (bless his heart) paced himself so he would run with me Saturday. We finished the course in 51 minutes, 29 seconds. Surprisingly that is faster than my 52 minutes, 47 second pace at the Shamrock run back in March. It's a 10 minute, 29 second mile.

2. I may have thrown a couple elbows at Matt as we raced (literally) for the finish line. I just wanted to beat his time, since I never can. Sadly our times were the exact same.

3. The trail was kind of crappy though. Three of the 4.97 miles were down an ecological trail, so it was either packed sand or loose sand along with roots, tree limbs, etc. My knees were killing me by the end of the 3rd mile.

4. The kids had a blast visiting the beach. They both left with soaking wet pants. We just took Savannah's pants off because they were coming down with each wave that hit her legs/feet.

5. Another busy week in store. I'm so ready for things to calm down, but with the holidays approaching that's doubtful.

6. Friday is Friday the 13th!

7. Caedmon is still having #2 issues. Matt and I have decided to take him back to the doctor's for an evaluation. It just can't be normal for things that big to come out of someone so small, make him bleed, and cry in fear and pain when it happens. It's heart breaking to watch him struggle.

8. Savannah picked out her clothes yesterday. She wore white flowered capri pants with a blue and red NY Giants tshirt. It was a scary sight but you had to laugh.

9. We have family pictures this Saturday. Pray for good weather.

10. We're not getting the kids the H1N1 vaccine I don't think. We've always given the kids vaccines recommended by the Pediatrician, and they've had the seasonal flu shot, but I do believe we will pass on the H1N1 vaccine. I hope we're making the right decision.

2 comments:

Crissie said...

We went through the #2 issues - Miralax every day. Totally did the trick. Everything was looser and didn't "store up" until it was huge and painful.

Erica Walters said...

Congrats on the 8k! That's great that you let Savannah pick out her own outfits. I can't let go of my control that easily:) I didn't do the H1N1 vaccine either. Just seems like there's not enough out there about it right now. I'd rather just stick with the regular flu shot.