1. It’s Tuesday, again. Better than Monday, but it sure isn’t a Friday!!!
2. I’ve been in the kitchen since Sunday around 4pm. So far I’ve made pumpkin bread/muffins, peanut butter chocolate rice krispy treats, pumpkin shaped sugar cookies and regular rice krispy treats. The kids better enjoy their Halloween parties at school this week. Momma is D.O.N.E!!! Kitchen is closed!
3. My 10 year High School reunion was actually….fun. I enjoyed myself and it was fun catching up with everyone. I’m waiting for more people to post pictures to Facebook, so I can steal them and post them here. I took our camera, but it’s not our nice camera and half the pictures came out blurry. I only use our P&S camera for taking video and occasionally I’ll throw it in my purse.
4. Have I told you guys that Caedmon is night time potty trained? It happened probably a month ago, right after I bought a big a$$ box of night time pull ups. He still chooses to wear them to bed (I guess it’s security for him), but he’s completely pull up free for nap time.
5. This week is going to be a busy one. On top of working all week, I have to fill in for Matt, who was subpoenaed to court this morning, in Savannah’s class for her Halloween party. Tomorrow is Caedmon’s Halloween party, which Matt volunteered to help with. Both Matt and I have to go for an Insurance physical tomorrow morning at 9:30. Thursday I have a doctor’s appt at 2:30 and Matt is working off duty that night. Friday my boss is out, so I’m covering his desk. Then we have a grown ups only Halloween party Friday night and Saturday is Trick or Treating. Whew!
6. The entire month of November we provide refreshments at our church on Sunday mornings. Did you know November has 5 Sundays in it and that is a whole lotta work to do when you have two little ones plus yourself to get ready in the morning and be there early to set up? I love our church, but dang 5 Sundays is a lot of work!
7. We’re headed to the OBX the following weekend (Nov 6-8) for the annual OBX Marathon/half marathon; however, Matt and I are sitting this run out this year. We’re just enjoying a weekend at the beach instead (with the kiddos of course).
8. Our trip to upstate NY is in less than a month and I’m a little nervous about it, but I think if we plan well enough the kids should do fine on the 11’ish hour drive up there (not including stops). Oh yeah and we need a portable DVD player…anyone have one we can borrow?
9. I just heard some news regarding work that I don’t approve of. It better be a rumor or else Amanda is not gonna be a happy employee!!!
10. OMG I can’t believe I forgot this…we have grass, actual vibrant green grass in our yard. Matt split seeded and then laid grass seed and it looked scary rough for a couple weeks (basically dug up our entire yard and any grass or weeds that if you keep short enough looks like grass). Well I’ll be … it worked and we have a lot of baby grass right now. We’re afraid to even walk in the yard or stare too hard because we’ve never had grass like this before!!!
2 comments:
I totally get the "new grass" feeling. It's like new-car smell in the car.....no fries in it or you will completely ruin the clean smell! I do have a portable DVD player if you are interested. However, it's not so portable......the battery doesn't work, but I have the cord for the wall and the car plug. That's what I get for going the craig's list route, but it serves the purpose!
oh, and I love the "Kitchen is closed" comment!
um...doctor's appt? you know what I'm thinking...
Post a Comment