Tuesday, September 15, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. We’re getting ready for Savannah’s big Fiesta this weekend. We did a lot of work to the backyard this summer and had one last project to get done. We’ll it’s done, sort of. We laid the pavers and mulch, but Matt will have to pick the pavers back up at a later time and level the ground underneath to make the pavers flush with the rest of the patio.

2. Both kids are in preschool today for the full 3 hours. It’s their first full day.

3. Caedmon did excellent last week at school. He walked right in, placed his bag in his cubbie, said good morning to Ms. Janette and then went to play. He didn’t even tell me good bye. His teacher later told me he is a “wonderful boy and has great manners.” We already knew that! ;)

4. Savannah went for just an hour last Thursday and cried when we left her but stopped about 30 seconds after we walked away. Her teachers commented on how much she talks. I’m a bit worried though. She’s the oldest girl (but quite a bit) in the Toddlers/2s class. I can see her now being the “momma” and bossing all those other little ones around.

5. We got Savannah a wagon for her birthday. It was just too much of a pain to take both kids for a walk. No one uses the stroller anymore, Caedmon wants to ride his trike, Savannah wants to be pushed in the buggy…when there is only one parent taking them for a walk you need about 3 extra hands and another set of eyes. So we got a wagon that both kids can fit in and we can wrangle them up a little better.

6. The Fisher Price Fall 2009 catalog came yesterday. Caedmon couldn’t even eat his dinner last night he was so distracted and excited to be looking at all the toys. Basically he wants “everything”. Then we made sure to pack the catalog to take to Nonni’s house today so she could see how badly he wants “that” and “that” and “that”! :)

7. Can someone send a memo to my case manager letting him know when he asks for “help” it means he has to contribute to the project as well?

8. I make a photo montage every year as part of the kid’s birthday. I don’t keep scrap books or baby books, so I feel like this is the next best thing. Be on the look out Monday for Savannah’s Montage!

9. Finding the perfect music for a montage is HARD! We ended up needing a 4th song this year and man…I just used My Girl by The Temptations. Not my usual style, but I couldn’t come up with one good song and I logged more hours looking at music on You Tube than I should have.

10. There was a fatal accident about 1 mile from my work Friday. A 20 year old ballerina was killed in a MVA. I have to drive by the spot multiple times in a day and the loss location is taped off, the guard rail rolled back, tire marks cover the road and the shoulder, and in the middle of all this is a single white cross with flowers. It’s absolutely heartbreaking and I hate driving by it. At the same time it’s a great reminder to slow down, not just your speed but in life and enjoy every second of it.

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

I read about the accident online - so sad. A plastic surgeon going 90 in a 45, didn't even slow down - drunk. You'd think he'd know better...you would think everyone does. Like the new layout - very fall. :)

Brianne said...

I got the same compliment last week from Taryn's school about her manners. It made me feel great! :)