Tuesday, August 4, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. Sunday we baked chocolate chip cookies; there were quite a few left over after the little cookie monsters had their way with them. Last night we're having dinner and I asked Caedmon if he had any cookies that day.

Caedmon: Yes.
Matt: No you didn't .
Caedmon: Uh huh, yes I did.
Matt: Caedmon we don't tell stories.
Amanda: When did you have cookies?
Caedmon: looking toward Matt - When you were sleeping, I pushed the chair all the way to the counter, got a cookie, and pushed the chair all the way back.

I do believe he was being completely honest too! We couldn't help but laugh. Their innocence is precious.

2. Caedmon kinda, sorta, might have flunked his swimming class. It was the beginner level swim class where they teach basic swimming fundamentals. When we got his "report card" Saturday after his last class, it said that he did "not complete the progression" for using his swimming arms and kicking legs. He did excellent everywhere else (following instruction, participating, etc) but the two main parts of swimming he didn't do so hot. It was a little heart breaking for us to read that. Our son, our perfect little guy, failed swimming! :( Haha.

3. Our church is going to be a host site for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. It begins late September. If you want more information about it, send me a message and I'll give you some information.

4. Can I complain about work for a second? It stinks, really.

5. I bought tickets for the Jason Michael Carroll concert October 15 at the Fairgrounds. So excited. Tickets were only $5/each. Matt's not as excited...at all.

6. I touched on this last week, but Savannah is a talker. I was outside with her this evening and she literally did not stop talking once.

7. This weekend is the one year anniversary of Matt's best friend's death. There is really nothing you can say to that. Erica, if you are reading this...we love you and if you need anything, we're around.

8. Our friend at The Cupcake Shoppe, Sara Coleman, introduced President Obama last Wednesday when he was in the area. I do believe my favorite part was that she didn't even bring him cupcakes! He sure did miss out.

9. Our kids aren't big fans of Hot Dogs. I don't know what's wrong with them. Maybe I should change the name of the blog to "awfles (waffles), cancakes (pancakes), goldfish, crackers, yogurt, and chocolate for dinner"

10. Megan, a friend and part time baby sitter, brought over some of those preschool work books for Caedmon & Savannah last week. Caedmon whizzed right through an entire book. Megan was a bit surprised he'd never done work pages like that before. I went to the Dollar Tree Saturday about bought him about 7 more books on shapes, colors, numbers, letters....I hope he likes them.

2 comments:

Jenn Sugg said...

Better not send Caed to ECU...

Chillin' with Lemonade said...

prayers and thoughts right back at ya!