Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. I have the best BFF in the world. We had a childcare mix up yesterday and basically at 7am Monday morning I didn't have a baby sitter. After having a mini breakdown, I called Amanda and her response was "what do I need to do". Not only did she meet me half way to pick the kids up, she told me to work an hour later to make up my time and invited us to have dinner with them. Did I mention she has three children of her own (Joel 3.5 y/o, Camryn 2 y/o, Natalie 6 m/o)???? She's the greatest!

2. I'm thinking about getting some bangs, well eye length bangs. Right now my shortest layer comes down to about my chin and gets tucked behind my ears way too much. I'm thinking about it...doesn't mean I've convinced myself to do it yet.

3. I came down with a sore throat Thursday. I figured I should visit my doctor Friday since my throat wasn't getting any better by Friday and I'm not a fan of urgent care co-pays. Sure enough I tested positive for Strep Throat and was quarantined for 24 hours from the rest of my house. I don't remember the last time I had such a bad case of strep throat. I was in bed from Friday at 2pm until Sunday around 8am. It kicked my tail!

4. Since I was feeling better Sunday we headed to church. We really enjoy our little church. Savannah moved up to the 2 and 3 yr old room. She and Caedmon are in the same class. The teachers said she did well. I can't believe my baby is almost 2.

5. Speaking of babies...I have a little baby fever right now. Not so much that I physically want to care for a newborn baby, but I wouldn't mind the anticipation of having one, holding a brand new baby, naming it, and seeing who it looks like.

6. I've promised Matt we'd put the Baby #3 talk on the back burner until Savannah is close to 4.5 years old. By then Caedmon & Savannah will be in school full time. The longer Matt is with the PD the more money he makes, and the better the chances that I will be able to work part time by the time #3 comes along....OR SO I HOPE.

7. More changes are in store at work. We're adding a couple new team members to the department. My boss told me the other day "You walk on water in this place"...I had to laugh at that! I've learned that the boss men in this place delegate work to me because they know I'll get it done. I should take it as a compliment rather than have the 'dark' conversations in my head that I do. :)

8. Gas prices are coming down again. Yippee!! The local Kroger here has a gas station. If you use your Kroger card you get $.05 off per gallon of gas. I filled up Friday for $2.40/gallon. That was $.09/gallon cheaper than one mile down the road. Crazy stuff!

9. Friday I'm taking the kiddos to a local baseball game. Diego (as in Dora & Diego from Nickelodeon) will be there! Yay!

10. Caedmon's favorite game these days is "I spy with my little eye..." He doesn't play it exactly right, but we play it with his cars and call out colors. It keeps him entertained.

No comments: