Tuesday, July 14, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. I'm addicted to MTV... I mean shows I really shouldn't care about I still watch. My most recent addiction is 16 and Pregnant. What is wrong with me?

2. I've already started planning Savannah's 2nd Birthday. It's not until mid September but I'm already thinking about it. It will definitely be Dora/Diego themed.

3. Caedmon has a stomach virus. I got home from work Monday and the first thing he tells me is he has a fever. I look to Matt and he says he hasn't taken his temperature. About 30 minutes later, after refusing to eat dinner, he tells me he hurts. He points to his head. So I'm thinking he has a head ache. About 30 minutes later, I'm sitting in the line of fire....let's just say he had macaroni and cheese along w/ some orange punch earlier in the day.

4. Do you know how hard it is to get orange punch out of white carpet????????

5. Then the age old debate begins in my head...do I go to work tomorrow or do I chance it with the sitter? Matt will be home (sleeping) while the sitter is here, but it's not fair to contaminate the sitter. What if Savannah gets sick? Worse what if the sitter gets sick? She's supposed to watch the kids most of the week.

6. By the time you read this I'll have made my decision as to whether or not I should go to work or not (I'm typing this Monday night and it will post Tuesday morning). I hate that I feel like people at work are depending on me and I'm letting them down if I don't go in. I hate that I almost let that feeling come before my sick child. Tuesday is only a 1/2 day; maybe I can tough it out.

7. I'm having a really hard time coming up with 10 things to talk about that won't make you want to toss your breakfast.

8. We had dinner at The Rockford Saturday night. Not bad at all! Nice beer selection and the sandwiches were delicious.

9. I was reading a report at work regarding an Arson. The owner states that he received a call around 4:30 stating his building was on fire, it was a small fire and the fire dept asked if he could bring the keys down to the building so they wouldn't have to do too much damage in order to put the fire out. When he arrives ONE HOUR and THIRTY MINUTES later the fire is out of control and needless to say a lot of damage was done to the building. Now he upset over all the damage....really? REALLY? REALLY????

10. Okay, I'm going to go do some work just in case I don't go in tomorrow...darn guilty conscience. I wish I could just not care.
~Amanda

6 comments:

Crissie said...

We love Dora!!!
Macaroni and Cheese smells really bad the second time.

Puke, poop, and other exciting bodily functions will be your life for the next five years...either they are doing them, or making a joke about them...it's apparently all the rage in the 6 and under crowd.

Erica Walters said...

#6 - Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels guilty for staying out of work and then even more guilty for feeling bad when I have a sick child to take care...same old struggle to balance work with being a mom I guess. Hope your little boy feels better soon and I really hope no one else gets it!

Jenn Sugg said...

I confess, I watch 16 & Pregnant too :-)

Dana Corey said...

I LOVE 16 and pregnant too.. why do these shows suck us in?? James has had croup for the past 2 weeks... I would almost rather deal with a stomach virus. Its never too early to plan Savannah's party. Hope your week gets better!

Brianne said...

Great post! I was watching 16 & Pregnant during naptime at the lake all last week......crazy. I have the same feeling about work too! I really want to meet my baby girl, but I hope she waits til the weekend because I actually have a LOAD of work to get done by Thurs! UGH!!!!! We will see if she cooperates!

Jenny P said...

I love those MTV shows too and 16 and Pregnant is one of my favorites. Oh and work, yes I think a lot of us feel the same way and I get mad at myself for feeling like that. It sucks when we feel like we should put work before our kids or feel bad for taking care of our family.