Monday, June 8, 2009

He's quite amazing...

Over the weekend we visited The Great Wolf Lodge (Matt was working all weekend, so it was just me and the kids).

Unfortunately I had to leave a day early to get back to work, but the plan was for Caedmon and Savannah to stay one more night with Gigi & Poppy. Before I left Sunday, I napped with Caedmon. When we woke, we laid in the bed together for a few minutes. I told him I was going to have to go home in a little while and I’d miss him. I was secretly trying to convince him to come home with me without actually saying I didn’t want to leave him behind.

I don’t know what came over me, I was on the verge of tears…heck I was on the verge of tears the entire day thinking about leaving both of my children behind…over night, at a water park, with out me there to see the excitement on their faces after going down the slides, wipe the tears when they would fall, or just be with them.

As I’m telling Caedmon that he doesn’t have to stay over night and that he could come home with me if he wanted, he placed his hand on my cheek and said “its okay Momma, I want to stay. You go home, take a nap, and when you wake up I come home that day at 38 hours” and then he patted my cheek. If I wasn’t in tears before that conversation I sure was fighting them back after that. He’s such a little man; he picked right up on my insecurities and calmed them when I needed him the most. That is not to say that I didn’t shed a tear or two as I pulled out of the parking lot en route home, but I just looked up into the rear view mirror and smiled at my little girl and watched her as she waved bye bye to Poppy, and then to the rest of the family as Caedmon waved bye bye to ‘Turtle Savannah and Turtle Momma’.

We made it home a little before 11 last night. I’ll post later with pictures and an update to let you know my little man made it home safely.

post signature

No comments: