Tuesday, May 12, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. We left the kids with our friends and Caedmon's Godparents this weekend. Jonathan & Brittney were nice enough to stay at our house and spend a weekend getting some practice being Mom & Dad. We can't thank them enough.

2. So I finished Rattled! and it was okay. Not my favorite of books, but not my least favorite either. I'm reading It Sucked and then I Cried now. I'm about 55 pages in and I'm just not digging it. So many people spoke highly of this book, so I am hoping it gets better.

3. Matt's off this week...he sucks. I'd give my right arm to have seven days off every 21 days, even if it meant having to work 14 twelve hour shifts in the preceding 21 days.

4. My mom and my sister sent me this necklace for Mother's Day (but of course it reads Caedmon Cole & Savannah Lake).

5. I thought letting my husband buy an M4 rifle would shut up him, but he has not stopped talking about it since before he bought it.

6. Matt forgot Mother's Day, but he did let me pick out what we were going to have for dinner that night, except we had to order pizza with the toppings he wanted.

7. I think I'm getting shafted.

8. We celebrated (well we would have celebrated if we had remember, wait...we wouldn't have really celebrated anything, but we might have acknowledged it) that the anniversary of our first date was last week, May 7, 2002. Seven years.

9. For our first date we went for ice cream and to see Spiderman. BUT I didn't find out until later that Matt had taken another girl to see Spiderman just the night before.

10. I was getting shafted seven years ago too!



post signature

5 comments:

Erica Walters said...

This post had me laughing..seriously..too funny..oh, and I love the necklace.

Katie Lewis said...

Fred and I went out for our first official "date" in May also - May 12th, 2001..hey, that's today..wonder if he remembers? :)

Brianne said...

very cute! What is it with cops and their guns! Last I checked they could only really use two at a time, so why do they need 12?!!!!Don't feel bad about getting shafted.....you are not alone. :( Luckily my Mother's day went well...only problem was that I had to give Taryn up to go to the beach with the In-Laws. I am pretty busy now, so it's not as bad, but I was lost Sunday afternoon!

Tiff said...

HAHA! MC YOU ARE TOO FUNNY! GREAT POST... AND BEAUTIFUL NECKLACE!

B said...

We had a great time with them. I hope I have a few pics on my camera if I can remember to charge the battery.