I have family that lives in Washington state. Growing up I spent many long weekends, school breaks and summers living with them, watching their children (there are 5 within about an 8.5 year span), and traveling to some neat places I would have never have traveled to without them.
Sadly they moved clear across the country about 7 years ago and I see them maybe once every 1.5 years. They're on vacation this week and extended an offer to Matt and I for us to join them for a couple of days in Pawleys Island, SC. So spur of the moment, we packed up and took off for SC!
It was so cool to spend time with these guys, especially my cousins who are now practically grown up. The oldest is 18 and will be going to college in the fall and the youngest will be 10 in June and is no where near the little girl I remembered her to be. The best part was for my children to get to know these people.
Caedmon had a blast and jumped right in, not missing a beat (typical Caedmon fashion). Savannah has come down with a pretty yucky cold and was a lot more ... well "Savannah". But by the 2nd day she was a little more relaxed and enjoyed herself.
Sadly they moved clear across the country about 7 years ago and I see them maybe once every 1.5 years. They're on vacation this week and extended an offer to Matt and I for us to join them for a couple of days in Pawleys Island, SC. So spur of the moment, we packed up and took off for SC!
It was so cool to spend time with these guys, especially my cousins who are now practically grown up. The oldest is 18 and will be going to college in the fall and the youngest will be 10 in June and is no where near the little girl I remembered her to be. The best part was for my children to get to know these people.
Caedmon had a blast and jumped right in, not missing a beat (typical Caedmon fashion). Savannah has come down with a pretty yucky cold and was a lot more ... well "Savannah". But by the 2nd day she was a little more relaxed and enjoyed herself.












No comments:
Post a Comment