Tuesday, April 21, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. I have two new books to read. The first one is Rattled by Christine Coppa and the second one is It Sucked and then I Cried by Heather Armstrong. I can't wait to start reading!

2. My retrieval is set for Thursday. Let the bloat begin. I swear that is the worst part of this whole procedure.

3. Matt does Crossfit workouts. I had him write down one for me to do last night. I think he forgot who I was for a minute or something. He wanted me to do these things called "Knees to Elbows". Not one or two, but 5 sets of 15. Basically you hang from the pull up bar and bring your knees to your elbows. HA! Can I get a big fat YEAH RIGHT?!?!?!?!?! I had no idea what a chump I was....you would think carrying around 34lb and 23lb toddler (sometimes both at the sametime) would give me some big ole' guns...not so much. And has anyone seen my ab muscles?

4. Spring is in the air. I cleaned the house, top to bottom this past weekend. Sadly I know have a list of a 1000 more things that need to be done or redone. I'd like to think Matt and I take good care of our belongings but seriously with two small kids, two full time jobs and a dog...things just get ruined. No wonder my parents never bought new furniture until we were all out of the house.

5. Matt built a pergola over our patio this past weekend. Now he just has to lay the pavers down around the existing patio. Then some grass in the backyard would be nice too, but one thing at a time...right?

6. I think I've had the most comments EVER over the last week. Thanks Y'all.

7. Savannah is really turning into a beautiful little girl. She seems to have turned the corner from baby to toddler. When she's not whinning - I really like her!!! Hahaha. I kid, I kid.

8. Caedmon has been complaining for a couple of weeks that his back hurts. It's one of those things where you don't know if he is saying it because Matt and I say it or because it really hurts. In addition to that he had some "poop" issues. The two issues combined warranted a visit to old Doc B. Now only do we have to obtain poop samples, it has to be from three different "deposits". This, by far, is the worst parenting task yet! Two down, one to go.

9. Matt just started back tonight after being off for seven days straight. Every 21 days, he has 7 days off. He'll be working nights through Thursday night, which means I basically won't see him until Friday when I get off work at 4.

10. We have a busy weekend in store: a day trip to Greenville, my God Daughter's baptism, and a birthday party at GymCarolina! Good times!!!

post signature

3 comments:

Amy said...

Read "It sucked..." first. It was AWESOME! You'll really like it!

Brianne said...

I love numbers 3 and 7! Mark does P90X and I would love to do it after the baby is born, but I don't think I will be able to devote an hour+ everyday w/o having to tend to one of my 3 "kids" ;-)
Those little girls can give you a nervous twitch when they whine..... Taryn always says "I can't" and that tends to irritate Daddy tremendously! She always gets me with the dogs. We have rottweilers... 3 of them. She will call one and they all come running. Then she complains that they won't leave her alone! Sheesh, kid!

Dana Corey said...

I've read "it sucked" also..you aren't going to be able to put it down. I'm on to rattled now.