Monday, March 23, 2009

Shamrock Run

What a fun weekend! Matt and I took off Friday and headed up to VA Beach. My mom and dad were nice enough to watch Thing 1 and 2 for us. We rented a house w/ some friends and it was just a great weekend.

Saturday I ran the 8k (4.97 miles). Boy was it COLD and WINDY!!! I'm not a fast runner at all; my goal for the race was 55 minutes and I finished in 52 minutes, 47 seconds. I was pretty happy with myself.

Sunday morning Matt ran the 1/2 marathon in 1 hour, 50 minutes and 09 seconds. That was a personal record for him.

We enjoyed a few kid free dinners at a couple great restaurants/bars (LunaSea and Mahi Mah's). If you ever go to Mahi Mah's get the Jumbo Stuffed Shrimp and if you go to LunaSea you must get the nachos and margaritas!!...I can't stop thinking about them! :)

Sorry there are no pictures from Matt's run. I used my mother in law's camera for his race and I don't have his pictures yet.

The Shamrock run is sponsored by Yuengling, and brings a big crowd (over 15,000 runners combined for all three races). The finish line is on the board walk and between the board walk and the ocean is the biggest tent you'll ever see. Inside was free beer and Irish stew. It was a great time.

One of my closest friends, Jenny and her husband joined us for the weekend. Jenny kept me running when I really wanted to just walk! :)



3 comments:

Erica Walters said...

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!

Brianne said...

That's great! I admire your will power.....I have none!

Jenn Sugg said...

Congratulations! You guys did an awesome job!!!