About a year and a half ago I had serious issues with our bank. It could have all possibly been blow out of proportion because I was 7 months pregnant and hungry for lunch on the day my debit card was declined.
You see we had moved a couple months prior, filled out the change of address form for the bank, signed it and sent it off. About a month later we get a call to contact someone at the bank to confirm our address change. I called and a message was left. We never heard back from them. About a month later, my debit card was declined....apparently the nice lady who was confirming our change of address went on vacation and our paperwork pushed to the side and never confirmed and therefore my card was canceled.
Furious! Seriously wanted to reach through the phone and hurt someone (again, most likely pregnancy hormones and hunger pains). I called the bank and they HAD to confirm ths with the primary account holder (of course it's Matt). Well Matt was away for two weeks with work and couldn't be reached during the day. Did the bank care? Heck no! So after an hour long, nasty conversation (mostly on my part I admit), I gave up.
Finally after expediting this form to us overnight, sending to Matt to sign, and then back to the bank I finally got a new debit card. It worked beautifully until....Saturday night!
Saturday night I'm grocery shopping and my debit card is DECLINED. It's a good thing I had my check book on me. So I pay and off I go.
You see we had moved a couple months prior, filled out the change of address form for the bank, signed it and sent it off. About a month later we get a call to contact someone at the bank to confirm our address change. I called and a message was left. We never heard back from them. About a month later, my debit card was declined....apparently the nice lady who was confirming our change of address went on vacation and our paperwork pushed to the side and never confirmed and therefore my card was canceled.
Furious! Seriously wanted to reach through the phone and hurt someone (again, most likely pregnancy hormones and hunger pains). I called the bank and they HAD to confirm ths with the primary account holder (of course it's Matt). Well Matt was away for two weeks with work and couldn't be reached during the day. Did the bank care? Heck no! So after an hour long, nasty conversation (mostly on my part I admit), I gave up.
Finally after expediting this form to us overnight, sending to Matt to sign, and then back to the bank I finally got a new debit card. It worked beautifully until....Saturday night!
Saturday night I'm grocery shopping and my debit card is DECLINED. It's a good thing I had my check book on me. So I pay and off I go.
Sunday I made a return to Target from a purchase made Friday on my DEBIT card (the Friday transaction cleared Saturday).
So I'm thinking...it's all good. I'll just get my debit card replaced and Target will refund my $93.94.
WRONG!!!! On so many levels.
First of all, apparently my debit card is not associated with any of our accounts....REALLY? That's funny because for the last 18 months no one has had a problem taking money out of my accounts when I've used this card. So after explaining this twice, they finally connect me to Card Services only to be disconnected. ERRRR.....
Meanwhile I log into the bank site and check on that Target refund...huh? Wait....A DEBIT from Target for $93.94 today? What, wait- my debit card apparently isn't connected to this account but yet they debited me? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Instead of refunding my money they charged me AGAIN...so now Target owes me $187.88.
So in addition to having to set the bank straight I now have to fight it out with Target (and we all know how wonderful their return policy is, thank God I kept the receipts).
WRONG!!!! On so many levels.
First of all, apparently my debit card is not associated with any of our accounts....REALLY? That's funny because for the last 18 months no one has had a problem taking money out of my accounts when I've used this card. So after explaining this twice, they finally connect me to Card Services only to be disconnected. ERRRR.....
Meanwhile I log into the bank site and check on that Target refund...huh? Wait....A DEBIT from Target for $93.94 today? What, wait- my debit card apparently isn't connected to this account but yet they debited me? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Instead of refunding my money they charged me AGAIN...so now Target owes me $187.88.
So in addition to having to set the bank straight I now have to fight it out with Target (and we all know how wonderful their return policy is, thank God I kept the receipts).
It just keeps getting better! I swear my bank hates me.
1 comment:
Target is the absolute worst!!!! I hope you get everything worked out. I have two $12.99 extension cords that I bought from there last weekend and can't find the receipt!!! Ugggh!
Post a Comment