While I'm sitting at my desk, counting down the minutes until 4pm (T minus 36 minutes), I decided to update my blog.
I'm anxiously awaiting 4pm for a couple of reasons...
#1 - No more work obviously
#2 - we're headed up to Lake Gaston this weekend with my parents, sisters, their husbands and my nephew. We're going to decorate the tree and get the house ready for next week. You see when we go to the lake house, it is as if we're far, far away from our real, everyday lives. There are no household projects to do, no errands to run, and no chores to be done...it's just family, games, relaxation and food! We're only a little over an hour away from our house, but we're worlds away from the everyday juggling act we do.
We'll come back Sunday evening in time for dinner with the lovely Martha and Erica, work Monday and Tuesday, and then head back to the lake house Tuesday night. Matt and I are both off for 5 straight day!!! We're so excited ... well we're like kids at Christmas!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I wanted to share with you a couple stories about Caedmon and what a cool little dude he is. I really wish I could record our day and cut out the good parts (I'd save you from having to listen to the hours of whining though).
**Wednesday I was threatening him with Santa...tisk, tisk I know! I had just finished telling him he needed to work on being a good listener and if he did not straighten up and stop whining I would have to call Santa and tell him not to stop at our house.
Well of course he proceeds to tell me "I don't need toys Mommy. I have a lot of toys. Santa can give my toys to other boys and girls to play with."
First of all I was very proud of him to be so generous with the possibility of new toys (especially considering he's got the mother load of gifts this year), but hey kid...guess what? It doesn't work like that. I threaten you with Santa and you are supposed to straighten up and be scared! :)
**Yesterday as I was working from home, Savannah was napping and Caedmon (who has pretty much given up his naps) was watching "Snoopy, Come Home". I've never watched this movie before, but based on it's title and the fact I caught a glimpse of it where Charlie Brown is crying...I was pretty sure Snoopy leaves home.
So Caedmon is on the floor, watching his movie when he suddenly stands up, turns toward me and the bottom lip comes out. Then the tears start flowing. I asked him what was wrong. He climbs up on the couch and says "I sad". I asked him what made him sad and he says "doggy go away".
Awwww, poor guy- he's quite the softy. Not only did he break down crying when Snoopy left, but he started crying when Snoopy came home too!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Alright, well I've managed to kill 12 minutes so far (30 minutes left). I've received word from a few of you (okay I only have a few readers, so it's easy to figure out who I'm talking about) don't like it when there aren't pictures.
I've been lacking in the picture taking department lately. I'm sure I'll make up for this in the week to come.
So no new pictures, but here are some oldies, but goodies. These are from last year around this time. We went on the Polar Express Train ride in Bryson City, NC and then from Savannah's baptism December 23, 2007




1 comment:
OMG - I can't believe that those pictures are from A YEAR AGO! Look at how much those babies have changed! They are a little boy and little girl now! My how time has flown (I know...what a cliche!)
Have a great weekend at the lake house with your family!
Post a Comment