Thursday, October 2, 2008

Savannah Update

Savannah had her appointment with Dr Mankin of Raleigh Orthopedics today. He said Savannah is just fine, her hips look great, she's just taking her time and will walk when she's ready. He asked us to come back in 3 months for a follow up visit...but I doubt I'll keep that appointment if she's walking by January 8 (which I hope she is).

Poor girlfriend is finally having her reaction to her 12 month shots she got last Tuesday (right on time, the Doc B said wait 7-10 days for the reaction). She's been running a low grade temp the last couple of days and it finally spiked to 103 today. On top of that she's getting two teeth on the bottom and two teeth on the top. PLUS her naps are all wacky because we've had a couple afternoon appointments this week that have kept her from her regular napping schedule.
Hopefully we can use the weekend to get back to her regular schedule.

Caedmon is as CrAzY as ever. He played with his best bud, Joel today. It was actually a nice visit. Normally they scream at each other and fight over trains. Caedmon ends up pouting on the couch while holding a couple trains hostage. It was refreshing to see that they could play like normal humans. Maybe it's a sign that they are growing up or maybe it's because Amanda and I have threatened to never let them play together again if they can't play nice. Whatever the case, I hope it continues.

I was going to post some pictures, but I got distracted talking about our "budget" or need for one. So it's late now and Caedmon is still awake (ugh!)...so another time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think maybe because it was earlier in the day helped too? Rather than our "early dinner" playdates?

Dana said...

Glad that everything is OK with Savannah. Just be glad you aren't chasing 2 around. Think of it as a blessing...Hope you are doing good.

creative gal said...

I am so glad the appointment went well. I am truly impressed with the Raleigh Ortho group- having seen a provider there for a consult in the past. Glad you received good news!!