Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy First Birthday Savannah!

My dear sweet Savannah:

I cannot believe it has been a year since you entered this world. I remember the day like it was yesterday (I wish it were just yesterday). The doctor said you were due October 2, but by my calculations you were due September 23. When Dr. Watson delivered you on September 21, I remember hearing her say "I don't know if we have a full term baby here". You were so petite and delicate, but surprised us all by weighing in at a healthy 6lb, 15 oz.


This last year has been a different year for us. So much has happened, so much tragedy. The best part of this last year has been you. You have brought us more joy and love than we knew we could feel. Your Daddy and I thought it was impossible to love another child as much as we love Caedmon, but you have shown us how.


God has given us a wonderful, beautiful daughter to fill our hearts with so much love. You have a personality all your own. You only smile when you want to, laugh when you want to, and snuggle when you want to. We love that about you. You can get into a mess quicker than we can blink an eye. You have managed to teach your Daddy and I that with time, pain heals, love grows, and smiles begin to feel natural again.


A little about you at 12 months...


You aren't walking, but you have no need to. You have everyone wrapped around your precious little finger. You scoot on your bottom and can get pretty far, pretty fast.


You have just a few words: mama, dada, bye bye, and Arrgh (as in a Pirate). We may not understand anything you say but you are speaking in full sentences I'm sure. You have always been a chatty baby and I'm sure that will only continue.


Your favorite foods are goldfish, pancakes, chicken nuggets, nutri-grain bars, apple sauce, grapes, yogurt, and fries. You pretty much eat anything and everything. You out-eat your brother at most meals. You are not a fan of juice, but love milk.


You still sleep with your 'bunnies' (one day maybe they'll have a name) and your pacifier. You've been a pacifier girl from the get go. You're a great sleeper and still go to bed around 6:30pm every night and take two naps a day.


Your favorite toys are anything that your brother is playing with and shoes; you love to chew on shoes. Let me not forget that your Poppy Joe gave you your very own Glow Worm for your Birthday. You get the biggest grin on your face when we turn it on at bedtime.


You love your dog, Molly, so much. You feed her every chance you get and you get the biggest smile on your face when she comes into a room.


Little girl, you mean the world to us. There are not enough words to describe how in love we are with you. If I could bottle you up at this age forever I would. We look forward to another year, another day, another hour with you in our lives.



We love you Savy baby!

~Momma, Daddy, Caedmon & Molly



1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great montage! What a sweet baby girl. Kids loved it, too!