Monday, August 4, 2008

Where did the summer go? Where does time go?

It's August 4! One month and 17 days until Savannah turns 1. Where did the last year go? I felt like we'd never get out of that newborn/ sleepless nights/ crying for no good reason stage...and here we are one month and 17 days until my baby is no longer a baby.

I think I mourn their infancy more than I do their toddlerhood. With Caedmon, turning a month older is no big deal. He'll be 2.5 on the 18th of this month...it doesn't phase me one bit. But it's the teetering on that fine line between infancy and toddlerhood that gets to me.

We did some fall shopping yesterday since it was Tax Free weekend. I was buying 12-18month stuff for Savannah. A year ago I didn't even know if that baby in my belly was going to be a girl or a boy and here we are with one boy and one girl.

But in other ways I'm ready for her to get out of the infant stage. I'm ready for her to walk, because we all know she'll be so much happier when she can move with a real purpose. I wonder if she'll have a similar personality to Caedmon's or if she'll be completely different. Maybe she'll be funnier. But most of all I can't wait for her hair to grow some more so I can put all those obnoxious bow in her hair!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I can't believe that Savannah will be 1 in 2 months... i didn't realize her and James were so close in age. Its so sad that I am buying 2T's for next year. I know how you feel! Boy clothes are not as cute in the bigger sizes.