Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Long Time, No Post

I have the slip n slide video I promised about two entries back.



I think I'm still recovering from last weeks vicious encounter between the safety gate and Caedmon and then trying to blow the house up. We had a great 4th of July weekend. We enjoyed a few neighborhood parties and Caedmon was a big fan of the "Firetruck Works", yes you read that right.

Happy 4th of July (slightly belated)




My attempt at getting a picture with both kids - HA

Savannah is just getting too darn cute. Her hair is getting longer, she's full of smiles, she talks nonstop, and she's just a pleasure to be around. Her 2nd tooth is finally cutting through next to her existing bottom tooth. Oh and she LOVES Caedmon to death. That boy could take her bunny and she would still laugh at him. I don't think it really matters what he does, she'll laugh. Although she's been known to cry a time or two when Caedmon is crying because he is in trouble. She fell off the changing table tonight....momma ain't proud at all nor do I want to discuss my ignorance.





Speaking of trouble, I do believe the other little stinker spent more time in time out last week than with us. Everything we asked of him was responded to with a big fat NO! Or my presonal favorite, he'd reply back with "No you go to time out"....errrrr! But we seemed to have kicked those dirty habits for now and he's back to his regular fun loving self. A friend and I were talking last night about writing down the humorous things these little guys are doing these days. I think to myself when something funny happens "I won't forget that" and two hours late I can't even remember what it was that was so funny....so I'm going to take Amanda's advice and journal his funniness here.

When I'm not around Matt will have the two kids wrestle. They love it; I don't. At least Matt grabbed the camera this time.

They start out like this (happy and laughing) And end up like this (frantically crying). My dad was right, someone will always end up crying.

Some Caedmon funnies:
* He's caught on to singing...check out the video below. The loud one singing it Matt, sorry guys!




* I was on my way out the door the other day and he stops me and says "Henry, James, store...get it, k momma" while using 4 of his fingers to point at me. For those of you that don't speak Caedmon, he is asking me to buy him Henry and James at the store...they are friends of Thomas the Train. I came home sans Henry and James. I'm not crazy...I'm saving those suckers for bribery when I can finally get him on the freaking potty.

* Matt and I were updating our Verizon plan the other day and Caedmon is runnning around the store. Caedmon passed some gas (haha) and he yelled "I tooted, I tooted" through out the store.

* Yesterday I met Matt, Dean and the kids for lunch. I asked him what time he woke up and he replied "uh 2:36", except he said it as we would read actual time - two thirtysix. Matt and I both looked at each other wondering when he figured out that is how you "speak" time.

* And my personal favorite: I kept him up late Friday night so we could catch the firetruck works at Brier Creek. So we are parked in the parking lot and sitting in my car with the windows down. A car pulls up to us and Caedmon just starts talking to this young couple. He told them everything from his dog's name is Molly, he went to a party today, we're going to watch firetruck works, to Momma made me leave my blanket at home. I finally had to tell him that the nice people didn't want to hear about his blanket and what not. He seemed to get the picture, but the young couple just looked at me like they didn't know what had hit them!! :) Sorry folks! It was cute though- he was so excited to see the Firetruck works.

Caedmon waiting patiently for the firetruck works.
I want to take a minute and let everyone know that Matt was accepted into the Durham PD. The academy starts August 18 and goes through February. It will be a long and hard 6 months on all of us since our current routine will change, but I'm proud of him nonetheless. He's wanted this for a long time (sadly a Criminal Justice degree and a DUI don't make it very easy to get a law enforcement job). The good news is that he will be home with us every week night while he is at the academy.

No comments: