Thursday, February 7, 2008

Something told me not to stop looking...

I'm not going to post a lot of specifics due to this being a public blog; however, I can sleep a little easier tonight (well sort of).

We received a little "something something" on Tuesday. I decided to take it upon myself and dig a little more into it. I was actually looking for one thing and I stumbled upon something I did not expect to find.

It's very bitter sweet, what we have learned in the past few hours. As what we once thought to be true no longer seems to be and it's devastating to think this could have been prevented.

All I am going to say is we are not going to let Nicole's death be in vain. We are going to get to the bottom of this one way or another and fix this so that it does NOT happen to another inmate - some else's daughter, sister, aunt, friend....

I suppose I should take a minute to focus on something else for a change...

Caedmon - who climbed into a tub full of water the other night w/ his pajamas on - did it AGAIN tonight! This time he was fully dressed in his jeans, shirt and tennis shoes...Yeap the whole sha-bang! I swear I don't leave my kids unattended all the time. In fact I was in the next room over taking off Savannah's diaper and about to put her in the tub. Caedmon usually hangs out by the tub putting whatever toys he wants in there while I do this...I guess he couldn't wait for his bath tonight.

Savannah is so cute. She's trying hard to sit up. She does little crunches. She has managed to get over to her side, but not completely roll all the way over. Just as I start to think "2 kids is a breeze" she is going to send me for a loop and become mobile.

We have a busy weekend coming up. Matt is working Saturday, so Caedmon is going to spend most of the day with Gigi and Poppy. Meanwhile Savannah and I are going to a baby shower of my oldest friend Jenny (she's having a girl). Saturday night is date night- I'm sure we'll be in bed by 9...we are some party animals! Sunday is Aiden's 4th birthday so we're going to his party. I can't believe that little dude is 4 already. I was there when he was born. I swear these kids grow up way too fast.

If I don't post again before the weekend, have a good one.


No comments: