We went to church this morning for the first time since a few weeks before Savannah was born. We had been going to one church for a while and although we like it, Caedmon never went to the nursery freely (very unlike him) and looking back I didn't feel a sense of family there. So we went back to a church we had visited a few times before; it's one that a lot of the instructors at the TaeKwonDo school attend. It just feels right being there. In addition it makes the choice of going so much easier when Caedmon and Savannah are enthusiastically welcomed when we walk into the nursery and don't cry when we leave them.
We had been taking Sunday morning walks around Lake Lynn but last night I asked Matt if we could go to church today. I can't tell you why I wanted to go - as Sundays are usually our one morning to sleep in, get ready at our own pace and just be together as a family, but I felt I needed more. I needed reassurance and a reminder of how great God is. Is nice to be reminded that our sins are forgiven and God loves unconditionally...so whether or not you have forgiven yourself for something you've done, God has forgiven you.
The rest of the afternoon was spent at Donna's. We worked on our taxes and then Donna made a fabulous dinner of Spaghetti and meatballs.
We had been taking Sunday morning walks around Lake Lynn but last night I asked Matt if we could go to church today. I can't tell you why I wanted to go - as Sundays are usually our one morning to sleep in, get ready at our own pace and just be together as a family, but I felt I needed more. I needed reassurance and a reminder of how great God is. Is nice to be reminded that our sins are forgiven and God loves unconditionally...so whether or not you have forgiven yourself for something you've done, God has forgiven you.
The rest of the afternoon was spent at Donna's. We worked on our taxes and then Donna made a fabulous dinner of Spaghetti and meatballs.

2 comments:
I love this post. I have moments when I just feel like I NEED to go to church. I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say it didn't feel like home. I have yet to find one here in our new town that I feel comfortable in. I'm glad you found a good one!
Have a great week at work. I'll try to keep you occupied! Haha!
Great post!
Sometimes it's hard to go - I debated skipping Mass yesterday myself. It gives you a good focus for setting the week off on the right foot, and for bringing yourself, and those you know closer to God.
Post a Comment