Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy belated Valentine's Day

I had good intentions of taking pictures of the kiddos in their red and pink Valentine's outfits, but by the time we got home from playing "Cupid" (aka dropping off Valentine's Day cards and gifts for Nonni, Nonno and Martha), Savannah had yaked all over her top and Caedmon had spilt water down the front of his shirt...so I nixed that idea and settled for baths, watching more Jon & Kate Plus 8 (Caedmon has a small addiction to the "Kids" show), and putting babies to bed. Then I did some cleaning in preparation for C's birthday party and turned in early. I do have to ask this question- why do we clean, clean, clean in preparation for gatherings when the house will just get destroyed in a matter of minutes? It should be that we clean, clean, clean as soon as the last person leaves, right?

Tomorrow is Caedmon's Birthday party...the big 2! I have a list a mile long of things "to do". I'm going to run to Toys R Us during lunch and try to find a present for the Goof. His birthday party theme is the movie Cars, so I'm trying not to overload him with Cars toys. What does a two year old want? I mean he is perfectly happy turning a shoe polish container into a gun, standing on the dishwasher door, and dumping my card basket on the playroom floor. What more can a kid want?

Monday the 18th is his actual birthday. I do believe he shares his birthday with my Uncle Mac and friend Kim. I'm treating him to his two year check up at the pediatrician's office Monday afternoon - no shots though - thank Goodness! Check back here late Sunday night/Monday for a birthday party update with lots of pictures. I'll also be posting a link (or a video) of his two year old montage that I have made for him (this year's is much short than the 30 + minutes one from his first year of life).

In the meantime - enjoy this flash back to two years ago as well as some of my all time favorite pictures of him (sorry for the quality of some, but I'm working so I didn't have the original photos and I had to take them from the site where I house most of my pictures).



















No comments: