I had the pleasure of taking Caedmon to watch the Carolina Hurricanes practice Saturday morning at the RBC Center (thanks Tom and Donna!). His little buddy, Joel (aka Joely) and his mom, my NC BFF, Amanda, joined us. We sat right in front of the ice. The boys had fun for about 20 minutes and then they were ready to leave. So we went upstairs where they got to jump in a bounce house. OMG- they had a blast. Caedmon had never been in anything like it. He would start at one end and run full speed and bounce off the other side falling on to his back. He loved it. I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to get him out of that thing. Matt met us for lunch at Applebees...so Caedmon got to spend some special quality time with just the two of us. Or maybe Momma got to spend some special time with him (I think it meant more to me). Donna was nice enough to take care of Miss Savilicious while we were out.
As we've been doing most Sunday mornings we took a walk at Lake Lynn. Last week we learned to bring "toast" for the ducks. So after finishing the 2.25 mile loop around Lake Lynn (while pushing a double stroller that weighed close to 60lbs easily) we stopped to feed the ducks. It went something like this: toast for the duck, toast for Caedmon, another bite of toast for Caedmon, a bite of toast for the ducks! I think Matt and I had more fun throwing the bread up for the seagulls and watching them dive down to catch it.
It's playoff season, so you can figure out where Matt is right now. Let's Go Giants! From the sounds of things downstairs something good happened! I don't think there is a single person in our house w/o their Giants Jersey/tshirt/sweartshirt or a combination of both on. I don't think Matt would have let them if the house otherwise.
Caedmon's vocabulary is unbelievable these days. Not only does he insist on telling everyone where they can sit in the car, "Mommy sit here", "Daddy sit there", and "Sissy sit here", but he insists on us singing the Bumble Bee song over and over and over and over and over and over.
Big Caedmon news: He's been in his big boy bed for over a week. Night time is getting easier (no longer playing for 3 hours in his room before falling a sleep on the floor), usually it only takes him an hour to fall asleep. Naps are a completely different story though. Oy!
Savannah is getting so big. She'll be 4 months old this Friday. Where does the time go? She has the sweetest smile and a laugh that will melt your heart. She has these tiny little dimples on each side of her mouth and I just want to eat her when she smiles! She is working on sitting up... I'm thinking it will happen before she rolls over. I'm guessing she is close to 13 lbs now. Her 4mo appt is this Friday, so we will find out then. She isn't sleeping through the night yet,let me correct that...she was sleeping through the night but then she came down with RSV. Since then that whole sleeping through the night crap is just overrated. We usually feed her around 10 and then someone (usually me) is up to feed her again at 3 or 4am. She's a great little napper though, just give her a paci, a blanket and pat her bottom and Girlfriend is OUT!
Well I'm going to get some recent pictures up so I should run before the Giants game is over. In the words of Caedmon, "Ciao Ciao".
1 comment:
Yay for Blogs! You rock!
Post a Comment