24 weeks, 1 day
September 29, 2013
25 weeks, 5 days
October 9, 2013
27 weeks, 3 days
October 22, 2013
29 weeks, 2 days
November 4, 2013
30 weeks, 5 days
November 14, 2013
33 weeks, 4 days
December 4, 2013
33 weeks, 6 days
December 6, 2013
34 weeks, 4 days
December 13, 2013
35 weeks, 6 days
December 20, 2013
37 weeks, 1 day
December 30, 2013
37 weeks, 3 days
January 1, 2014
Induction day
Total Weight Gained: Approximately 23 lbs, +/- a pound or so.
Stretch Marks: None. Three pregnancies down and none due to pregnancy.
Sleep: Toward the end there were a lot of sleepless nights. I would roam the house at night. I drank and ate most of my calories at night...for whatever reason that was the only real time of day I was interested in eating. Christmas night I took down the tree and decorations while everyone else slept. What else was I going to do at 3am?
Miss Anything: Being pain free (oh my aching back), not peeing every 30 minutes, sleeping through the night, typical pregnancy complaints, working out...
Movement: Quite a bit. Toward the end there were some serious crotch shots! Ouch!!
Food Cravings: Orange Juice! Unfortunately it gave me crazy reflux.
Happy or Moody: MOODY! So very, very moody.
Clothes: The nice thing about measuring small is that I only had to buy maternity clothes once. I wore pretty much the same stuff from week 11-week 37.
Post-Pregnancy:
Weight: I think I'm the only person in the world who can have an almost 6lb baby and 6 weeks later have only lost 8 lbs, including the baby, et al.
I started working out again about 3 weeks post partum. Still after not seeing the scale budge, I signed up for Weight Watchers online almost two weeks ago. I've still got about 12 lbs to go.
Breastfeeding: I began weaning Emory around 6 weeks. It took a couple weeks for everything to finally "dry up." I have mixed emotions about weaning her, but I know it was the better decision for my mental state. It's weird...I feel like in the past the stress of breastfeeding has had a negative effect on my postpartum emotional recovery. I have a hard time just being; I'm okay at first but after a while I start resenting the act of breastfeeding. I'm probably in the minority here. Anyway, I made it 6+ weeks so Emory got some benefits of it and now she's doing just fine on formula. She's actually been growing better since switching to formula. She's really filling out.
Clothes: None of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit yet. It's sad. Some jeans will button but damn...it's not pretty. My pre-pregnancy shirts are all too short. Is that weird? I'm no where near ready for summer and bathing suits!
Exercise: Like I said above, I went back to the gym about 3 weeks PP. I aim for 4 days of activity. My work out schedule looks something like:
Sunday: Free day but I typically try to incorporate a walk/hike with the family or a run.
Monday: Legs, followed by a Crossfit work out
Tuesday: Chest, followed by a Crossfit work out
Wednesday: Back, followed by a Crossfit work out
Thursday: Free Day
Friday: Free Day
Saturday: 90 minuteYoga Class
Sleep: If Emory would sleep, I'd have no problem getting a good night's sleep.
Happy or Moody: I will say, I have had the best PP recover this time. With past pregnancies, I ended up on Zoloft around 4-6 weeks PP but I'm doing really well which is really surprising considering all the changes we've gone through in the last 6-9 months.
I do get sad thinking about how quickly Emory is growing and changing but I'm excited to see what she looks like in a year or when I think about life with a toddler again.
Maternity Leave: I went back to work when Emory was 7.5 weeks old. I'm working from home full time until March 30 and then I'll be returning to the office part time. I've been thinking about asking to work from home all day on Wednesdays so my work schedule would look something like this:
Monday: Work in the office 9-4
Tuesday: Work in the office 9-12, Work from home in the afternoon
Wednesday: Work from Home all day
Thursday: Work in the office 9-12, Work from home in the afternoon
Friday: Work in the office 9-12, Work from home in the afternoon
I think having a full day at home would really help to balance the craziness. I will admit..I'm TERRIFIED of returning to the office and the workload that will come with that, getting everyone where they need to be on time in the mornings, being the Mom I want to be, keeping up with housework, continuing to work out and still having something left for Matt at the end of the day.
More Babies: Nope! People used to tell me when you're done having kids, you just know it and I'd ask what "knowing it" felt like. Now I know. I'm complete. Our family is complete. It's a good feeling.
Miscellaneous: I think I developed plantar fasciitis. The second day at the hospital I remember feeling this tightness in the underside of my foot; as if there was a band and if I flexed my foot it would pop. It's not so tender now, but it's still there. Sometimes it hurts and other times it's tight. I've pushed through it and I'm hoping it just subsides and goes away on it's on.
Miscellaneous: I think I developed plantar fasciitis. The second day at the hospital I remember feeling this tightness in the underside of my foot; as if there was a band and if I flexed my foot it would pop. It's not so tender now, but it's still there. Sometimes it hurts and other times it's tight. I've pushed through it and I'm hoping it just subsides and goes away on it's on.
I used to roll my eyes at people who would talk about that "love at first sight" crap. I thought...no way, it's not possible. Sure I was happy to have my other two babies. I wouldn't have traded them for anything but it took me a long time to really feel a serious connection with them.
During my pregnancy with Emory, I prayed I would experience that love at first sight feeling. Seriously prayed!
The first night with Emory I remember looking at her and feeling my heart bust open. I couldn't have been happier or more in love with her. I even remember Matt waking up during the night, asking me what I was doing and I replied I was just looking at her. I was awake most of that night starring at her, taking her all in, memorizing her tiny face and thanking God for this precious little girl and the love I felt.
3 comments:
I know exactly how you feel on so many of these post-pregnancy symptoms..I was never a bf-person. The longest I made it was 2 weeks with my oldest, didn't try it with the middle two, and Hattie had so many glucose issues, she wasn't getting her sugar regulated with bf. And you are SO correct on knowing when you're done. People told me that as well and I didn't believe it. I still miss being pregnant, but I don't want a bigger family :) And as far as being in love at first sight, I can remember just staring at Hattie and knowing my daily pictures were getting on peoples nerves, but I could really just eat her up! Congratulations!!
Cried happy tears when reading about your love at first sight moment.
Cried happy tears when reading about your love at first sight moment.
Post a Comment