I played dodge ball with a group of about 20 people from work last night. I can't tell you the last time I did that. It was actually....fun! I mean, sure I throw like a girl, I have no aim and in 8 games, I might have got three people out, but out of those 8 games I only got out about 5 times. Booyah! I know my place...it's in the back, behind the big guys! ;)
Earlier this week, I'm pretty sure I pulled a muscle in my quad, just a little bit. Last night, I'm pretty sure I really did it in. After a night of ice and heat, it feels better this morning. But it gives me a reason to take it easy at the gym and limit my physical activity over the weekend without all the guilt!
This weekend is "give our yard some love" weekend. We have a slab foundation (I dream of the day when we can have a real house with a real foundation) and the plants out front have grown too large over the last five years. They're too big for the front of the house so we'll move those to the back yard and get some low lying plants (that grow out not up) to put in the front. We'll also put down a stone/brick border and of course new mulch. If time permits, we might even start building a fire pit in the backyard. If anyone wants to come entertain my kids for a few hours both days, have at it. Sadly, I'm really excited about this (not the kid part, but the yard part).
Caedmon lost his second tooth last night at the dodge ball game. He was eating a CFA sandwich and out came his tooth. Now he has lost both front, bottom teeth. Although the permanent teeth were already in both times. As I sit here at 6:30am typing this, I can hear him going through his piggy bank recounting all his money since the Tooth fairy came last night.
Caedmon tested for his Sr. Orange belt last weekend and passed! He can't wait until he can contact spar and free spar. A few more belts to go.
Do you ever look at your kids and one day they're still little; they still have remnants of their baby and toddlerhood? Whether it is their chubby, little hands or the soft, tenderness of their neck (cause that is where the best sugars are kept)...I looked at Savannah this week and that's all gone. In the last month she's changed. She's taller for one. There are subtle changes I her face that tell me she's a kid now, not my little preschooler. Her skin is a little tougher feeling. I'm wondering where my whiney 2 year old went? She's an awesome little girl who has grown into a bundle of sweet, funny, slightly uncoordinated, smart when she wants to be, little beauty.
We were in the carpool lane the other day and as Caedmon started to approach the car she said "there is my boy." God love her!
We gave up eating out for Lent. Six weeks we went without dining out (with two exceptions - our beach weekend and when my Aunt was in town). Now that Lent is over, I'm pretty sure we've over indulged in the convenience of eating out which makes me sad, kind of. I had McD's w/ Savannah last week as a special treat to her; it was the first time in over 2 months. Lets just say I wish I hadn't. McD's is just not cutting it these days.
Sincerely,
Your negligent blogger.
1 comment:
not sure if you already did the yard/fire pit, but we got a stone kit at Lowes for $199 for the backyard. (Allen and Roth fire pit)Cheapest I've seen the kit with the ring..although I had some cheaper pinterest ideas..I went for quick and easy on that one since I am getting project tired.
Post a Comment