I picked Caedmon up from school Thursday and he told me he was "really itchy" and followed that up with "but Ms. A said it is probably because the grass {at school} was just cut today."
Saturday afternoon I glanced at him and commented about him scratching his head like a little monkey. I asked if he was still itching and he said "yeah because the grass was just cut...". Um, no kid we need to cut the grass but that can't be why.
Jokingly I told Matt, "I think your son has lice."
{Crickets, Crickets...}
"Caedmon, come here. Let you mother look at your hair."
"Uh, honey. Google Lice. Google images of Lice. .... Shut the front door. You have got to be kidding me."
"Caedmon get off the couch. Don't scratch anything. Go wash your hands. Don't touch anything."
"Savannah come here. No, I don't see anything, but we should still treat her anyway."
And so it began...decontaminating our house of lice. This included at minimum 15 loads of laundry washed in hot water, vacuuming mattresses and the couches, throwing away pillows, vacuuming the carpets and couches, packing up our throw pillows in garbage bags for four weeks, washing the car seat covers, boiling hair combs, throwing away hair brushes and hair clips, clipping finger nails, scrubbing scalps with Nix, spending at least an hour combing hairs and removing nits and lice, and cutting a sweet little boy's hair.
before
mohawk fun
after
I emailed his teacher to let her know. Once again she said she hasn't had lice in her classroom in years (similar to what she said when half the class was out due to viral pink eye). Yeah, I feel like my kid is bringing this crap into the classroom, but I know better. We've never had strep throat, scarlet fever, pink eye and lice within 6 weeks of each other. I know this stuff has to come from somewhere in order for him to get it, but it does suck. Poor kid can't catch a break. On top of this he has a nasty plantars wart under his pinky toe that we're treating but it's painful in the meantime.
Man, school sure has been good to us this year!! {grin}



1 comment:
I've nominated you for a blog award- check out my post for details.
http://sandypages.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-won-award.html
Post a Comment