I can't even remember the last time I did a 10 on Tuesday. It is Tuesday, right? The days are running together.
1. For those not my Facebook friends, after being almost 9 months tumor free my Dad found out there were new tumors in his bladder. He went in today for surgery and they removed two tumors, had a CT scan, and the Doctors started the Mitomycin treatment. He was able to go home tonight, but is in a fair amount of discomfort. Now we just wait for the pathology results to come back.
2. We decided to take Savannah out of the only Preschool she has ever known after this year. We have found quite a nice little family at Greystone and Savannah has never, not once, complained about her school. With Matt's shift schedule and me being in the office Monday-Friday, we felt it would be a little easier for us if we found a 5 day a week Preschool for her. I debated putting her in full time daycare, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Luckily, the local YMCA has a five morning a week Pre-K class so that's where we're sending her. We're still planning on keeping our nanny on a part time basis if she wants to stay with us, which I think she does. But she's losing the other family we share her with so you know...it all comes down to $$ in the end. If anyone in the local area is looking for a nanny share, we'll be happy to split her with you!
3. Caedmon was getting semi-bullied by a 3rd grader on the bus. Luckily the sweet neighbor girl told me about it because Caedmon hadn't mentioned it at all. Plus Caedmon was sitting in row K (basically the middle of the bus) and from what I had heard all K'ers were to sit in the front. After seeing Caedmon retreat (ie. beg to be a car rider) each morning at the bus stop, I decided to say something to the bus driver. It was nothing more than "hey, can you keep an eye on this kid because he isn't being very nice to Caedmon." The driver ended up moving Caedmon to the front of the bus, which is where he wanted to sit anyway; it's where his other buddies sit.
I debated saying anything at all because I know kids can be mean, I know there are two sides to every story, and such, but I remember getting off the bus in tears when I was in Kindergarten because a couple older kids called me names. Plus I need Caedmon to have a good bus riding experience because I have to be at work by 8:30 and school doesn't start until 9.
4. In May, Matt and I will have been together 10 years. 10 freaking years. I can't believe how fast it's gone by, how much we've grown as individuals and as a couple and as a family! 10 years!!
5. For Mother's Day I want either an ice cream maker or a pair of Tom's ballet flats ... or both!
6. Matt turns 32 this Saturday. I'm certain that 32 is going to be my best year. 32 is one of my favorite numbers. It was Christian Laettner's number when he played basketball for Duke back in the early 90's (yes, I just said that). 32 just has a great feel to it. I hope it's a great year for Matt since I'm already predicting it to be my best year ever.
7. Savannah has a loose tooth! I truly think she'll end up losing her first tooth before Caedmon does. Caedmon will be so mad!
8. This mild winter we had has been financially awesome. Not only have we not had the heat or AC on since late February but the gas company reduced our monthly flat rate from $51/month to $17/month because we had not been using nearly the amout of gas they had estimated we would.
9. I paid Caedmon $1 tonight for helping me get Savannah into bed. While I was busy in the kitchen making a couple desserts needed for work tomorrow, he helped her into her PJs, made sure she brushed her teeth and went to the potty, read her One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and helped her get her clothes out for tomorrow. When I finally made it upstairs both were in their beds, quietly looking at books. When I handed him the $1 he was thrilled and said "I'm going to do this everynight." I've probably created a bossy monster now that he's motivated by money.
10. I'm reading What Alice Forgot by Liane Morarity...I'm really enjoying it. It's an easy read. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a Summer read.
Have a great night!
1 comment:
Which ice cream maker? I'm thinking about the cuisnart one...
Post a Comment