Tuesday, February 22, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. Caedmon is offically ready for Kindergarten. He had his 5 yr old check up yesterday. He is 40 lbs, and 41.5" tall.  He passed all the little tests (skipping, standing on one foot, vision, etc) with flying colors. Just like at his parent/teacher conference last month...the doctor doesn't have any concerns and said he is ready for Kindergarten.

2. He received 2 shots (4 vaccines total); he received a tetanus shot and boy has he milked that one! His legs hurt, which I honestly do think are sore. When he stands up or sits down, he looks like an old man hobbling around. But his teacher said he was just fine at school today, but as soon as he saw me he started to tell me how bad his leg was aching.

3. Caedmon, Savannah and I all had dentist appointments today. No cavities for anyone. Caedmon actually had his teeth cleaned at the same time I did; he was so brave. He went right into the room by himsef and they even did the panoramic xray and he was fine. His permanent teeth were visible in the xray, but he doesn't have any loose teeth yet. Sav was a champ too; she let them do the teeth cleaning, flossing, counting, etc without a single issue.

4. I put Caedmon to bed at 5:30 tonight. I'm not joking. He's been so tired from the weekend; he slept in my room last night because "he wasn't feeling well" and Matt came home at 4:30 this morning from work. This meant both Caedmon and I were up at 4:30am. He was a wreck by 4:30 tonight. It's been a long time since I've seen him that out of control.

5. My sister's baby shower is next weekend...I've got to get started on my portion of the party.

6. We've offically started on the playroom renovations. The previous owner had a man room where our playroom is. This room was complete with it's own bar. Matt's removed the bar top (he left the cabinets) and is in the process of laying a counter top on top of the cabinets. I'm undecided on what color to paint the playroom. Matt's so picky, yet he never offers suggestions.

7. Tonight Savannah told me I needed to clean her foot because Molly "bless you'ed" on it.

8.  I was a bad mom today; I sent both kids to school today without coats. I promise it wasn't too chilly this morning when we left and the high was supposed to be 59...yeah right?! It was 40 degress when I picked the kids up from school. Luckily their teachers had extra jackets that they borrowed.

9. I've got the bug to do stuff around the house. I want to repaint Caedmon's room and get him some bunk beds. Of course finish the playroom, paint the bathrooms, touch up the paint in the hall ways, maybe replace the dining room table and kitchen table. I'd like a new comforter for my bed. We need to replace our back door (the builder installed it so that it opens outward which is really annoying). And soon it will be nice enough to lay mulch and plant some flowers. Ah! I love house projects!

10. Have you read any good books lately? I've been reading one for a while now but it's not doing much for me. I would use my Nook Color a lot more if I was really into a book.

No comments: