Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Twas the week before Christmas

and the kids are out of school! Luckily Gigi is off work this week and offered to have the Grandkids spend the night with her. They decorated Gingerbread men and today they are going to see Yogi  Bear.

Savannah gets to see her "Big Girl", aka Emily, who she adores. She told me yesterday, after the squeals of delight when she learned she would get to see Emily, that she was going to "snuggle her shoulder!"

Savannah and her Big Girl, Oct. 2010

The shopping is done and the gifts are wrapped. Although I have a couple more last minute gifts to pick up. I always have a hard time pulling the trigger, but once I start shopping it's hard to stop!

Gigi and Poppy sent us an Elf on the Shelf; the kids love it. They decided to name him Ernie Princess. They've had a great time trying to find him each morning, since he uses his magic to report back to Santa Claus every night and then changes locations upon his return to our house. I can't say his presence has done much for their behavior, but it is what it is...right?

Sunday we got together with my Dad's side of the family; it was great seeing the cousins and Aunts and Uncles. We don't often see them, so it was really nice for everyone to be able to get together. I did miss my Washington state family though! :( Maybe next year!!

We aren't traveling far for Christmas. Friday we're headed to my parent's house for a brunch with my Mom's side of the family. Then we'll do Christmas Eve Service at a barn with our church. Saturday after doing Santa at our house, we'll head to my Mother In Law's house for brunch and gifts and then back to my parent's house to celebrate Christmas with my sisters and their families. It's a busy day, but it works out well.

My camera is broken; I haven't had time to figure out what is going on. So there won't be any good pictures of the kids until I get it fixed. I do have a few that I took on my phone over the weekend for you faithful followers (the quality stinks, but the kids are cute)! Enjoy.

If I don't have a chance to update before the big day, may you all have a very Merry Christmas!

 The kids received an early present from Miss Erica! They loved them if you can't tell!
This kids sang at Church Sunday. I couldn't even pay Caedmon to let me take his picture; trust me I tried. Sweet Sister Sav was more than cooperative though.

Saturday I ran errands with the kids. We visited this small pizza shop close to our old house. We used to go there on a weekly basis when we lived closer. If you can't tell Caedmon thoroughly enjoyed his own slice of NY style cheese pizza.

1 comment:

Graceandjoelroberts said...

Wow! I bet you enjoyed having the night off ;-) and you were ready for those kids to get back home. Sav looks so sweet in her dress, I've been wondering about the elf on the shelf. I think someone needs to make an elf that stays up all year and doesn't have to move each day. Merry Christmas!